Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Top view camera select and making it default

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2019, 05:18 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For the 1316 ecu update- did anything else get fixed/change on the s5?
Old 01-19-2019, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by ceeto
For the 1316 ecu update- did anything else get fixed/change on the s5?
I haven’t noticed anything other than the top-view camera, but I came from 1178. If you were updated from an old firmware version you might get some additional fixes. There’s at least one bug in the VC media display that I hoped they’d fix, but it’s still around in 1316.
Old 01-19-2019, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NoMoreBMWs
And as long as you're going slow enough (really slow).
Not if you recode it in OBD11...
Old 01-31-2019, 02:01 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman

I haven’t noticed anything other than the top-view camera, but I came from 1178. If you were updated from an old firmware version you might get some additional fixes. There’s at least one bug in the VC media display that I hoped they’d fix, but it’s still around in 1316.
My S5 SB was due for the 1 year/10K service check a couple of weeks ago. The overhead camera setting changing to graphic was an annoyance. I posted previously on threads regarding poor throttle response in drive issues that it became second nature to me to move the shifter to S as needed as an easy work around. For the service I requested the latest software update to fix the overhead view plus any other update. When I picked the car up I was in a hurry and didn’t bother to check the MMI version number. Within the next day I noticed the camera view was still not always holding so I checked the MMI version and it was different than before but not 1316. I called the dealer and emailed links to this thread and told them I wanted 1316. They apologized and asked me to bring the car back as soon as I could. This time my service rep introduced me to the shop foreman who told me there are many different software versions depending upon the options on my vehicle. He cited 21 different interacting modules that need to be considered when updating version numbers. They would be contacting Audi USA to confirm exactly which version would be needed for my car. They kept the car two full days. When I picked it up they confirmed all software was now up to date. This time I checked the version number before driving off the lot and I was glad to see it was in fact 1316. It has been a week so far and the camera view is working perfect. The interesting thing I also have noticed is the throttle response has been much improved. I rarely feel the need to shift to S in slow turns now and the car is more fun to drive. The latest update seems to have changed the shift mapping points on the transmission as well. I am really happy with the complete update. The only downside is the gas mileage seems to be a bit less than before.

Last edited by Chiefan11; 01-31-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Celtic Diver
Not if you recode it in OBD11...
Will this enable you to view the camera at any speed? Any details on the coding?
Old 01-31-2019, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

There may be a limit, but I think you can just enter a speed. I did it a long time ago:

Parking camera stays on until roughly 20mph:
* (A5) Front Sensors Drivers Assistance System
* Switch-off speed for parking assist
* Old value - 10 km/h
* New value - 30 km/h
* Press and hold green check mark to save.

I found it to be distracting to have the camera on while driving faster than the default, plus there were times when I wanted it to switch to the map and had to manually hit the button to take it out of parking mode. I just put it back at the default.
Old 01-31-2019, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by rccoleman
There may be a limit, but I think you can just enter a speed. I did it a long time ago:

Parking camera stays on until roughly 20mph:
* (A5) Front Sensors Drivers Assistance System
* Switch-off speed for parking assist
* Old value - 10 km/h
* New value - 30 km/h
* Press and hold green check mark to save.

I found it to be distracting to have the camera on while driving faster than the default, plus there were times when I wanted it to switch to the map and had to manually hit the button to take it out of parking mode. I just put it back at the default.
20mph is more than enough. Often time when I want to use the camera when I pull forward into a space I'm way over the default 9mph limit, and I have to keep pressing the button until I'm below that speed. I might actually pull the trigger on the OBDeleven just for this feature.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
20mph is more than enough. Often time when I want to use the camera when I pull forward into a space I'm way over the default 9mph limit, and I have to keep pressing the button until I'm below that speed. I might actually pull the trigger on the OBDeleven just for this feature.
Here's a thread with other ODB11 changes that can be made. The first post has a link to a doc. https://www.audiworld.com/forums/aud...018-a-2954987/
Old 02-23-2019, 09:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my 2018 S5 SB updated today to v1316. They gave me a copy of the TSB 2053028/1 in case anyone wants to see it. It looks like they released this back in November 2018.

Attached Files
Old 02-25-2019, 07:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I was finally able to get my MMI updated to 1316 last week to resolve my Carplay and general media playback issues (I was on 0918 and didn't have the camera issues).

It took an escalation to Executive Support and another week in the shop, but it was finally done after over 18 months of complaining to the dealership and the normal support channels. The TSB they referenced for my issue was 2053257/1.

I was disappointed that the VC still reverts back to the computer display on startup instead of the display you were last on but my other issues are thankfully resolved. This must be a VC specific update for that. If anyone knows of some coding that might fix this, let me know.

Quick Reply: Top view camera select and making it default