Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Tracking a Canadian Factory Order

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2017, 02:50 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by QballDS
A5 SB
Same....

Ordered Late Feb....Boat just docked in Halifax on April 28 (Vessel name "KAIJIN")

Hopefully is should be at the dealership in a couple of weeks.

S5 SB
Old 04-29-2017, 05:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by M. H.
Same....

Ordered Late Feb....Boat just docked in Halifax on April 28 (Vessel name "KAIJIN")

Hopefully is should be at the dealership in a couple of weeks.

S5 SB
Curious how you found out the exact boat your A5 is on?
Old 04-29-2017, 05:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 587 Likes on 422 Posts

I don't know if you can still do it but previously Audi used to use the factory tracking number to track the car throughout the shipment so you could input the number onto any freight cargo tracking website and it would tell you where the car was.
Old 04-30-2017, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by subie55
My dealer told me that it had left port on April 18th. So I went to the Port of Halifax Daily status report Daily Status Report - Port of Halifax

There was only one ship on that list that was a vehicle carrier.

Using the Marine Vessel Tracker website MarineTraffic: Global Ship Tracking Intelligence | AIS Marine Traffic

I entered the vessels name in the search and saw that it had left Emden Port (which is one of the ones that Audi Uses) on April 19, so I figured it must be the one.

I don't think there is a way to track the car on the train but from what others are saying it should be two to three weeks from Halifax Port to Toronto Area Dealers.
Old 04-30-2017, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by subie55
Step #1: Find out when you car's ETA shipping schedule, i.e. when it is expected to leave Emden, Germany.

Step 2: Look up the shipping schedule of VW Konzerlogistics through the PWL Shipping (The PWL Group). Under Liner Schedules, select Destination "CANADA" and under Carrier, select "Volkswagen Konzernlogistiks". The web page that comes up is the current shipping schedules.

Step 3: Match your vehicle's ETA at the port of Emden to the ship's ETA to the port. It only takes 24 hours to fill up a vessel with vehicles bound for North America/Mexico. So, your car's ETA may be a day or two early compared to the ship's ETA. The important thing to remember is that the cars do not get stuck at port for so long unless there is a port strike or some similar event. It gets shipped out on the next available ship going to Canada and/or the US. The port operates round the clock non-stop.

Step 4: Once you know the ship carrying your car, go to this website: (https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/ships/all) to track the ship from port to port. Note: for guests, there is no tracking available while the ship is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Only paid subscribers have access to this info. This website will also give you interesting info about the vessel itself including photos. The port of Halifax has live cams of the harbour. If you know when the ship will be sailing through the port, you can intercept and see it through these cameras. https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en...ax-waterfront/

There is no way to track you car when it is loaded up and transported by train from Halifax. What I know is that it takes a two to three days to unload from the ship and load on a train. The train trip between Halifax and Vancouver takes around three to four days.

These are the steps I followed when I special ordered my 2011 VW GTI. I did the same when I special ordered my 2016 Audi S5.

Last edited by plat27265; 04-30-2017 at 09:53 AM.
The following users liked this post:
softotal (10-04-2022)
Old 04-30-2017, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Thank you both!
Old 05-01-2017, 01:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay! So I placed the my order for an S5 SB on march 7th with a factory submission date of march 23rd. I was just informed that my production week would be the last week of July! When I placed the order I was told to expect delivery in July which obviously doesn't seem the case now. Pretty disappointed , hope they made a mistake in the system

BTW the order was place at KW Audi.
Old 03-28-2019, 04:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 777 Likes on 569 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
Step #1: Find out when you car's ETA shipping schedule, i.e. when it is expected to leave Emden, Germany.

Step 2: Look up the shipping schedule of VW Konzerlogistics through the PWL Shipping (The PWL Group). Under Liner Schedules, select Destination "CANADA" and under Carrier, select "Volkswagen Konzernlogistiks". The web page that comes up is the current shipping schedules.

Step 3: Match your vehicle's ETA at the port of Emden to the ship's ETA to the port. It only takes 24 hours to fill up a vessel with vehicles bound for North America/Mexico. So, your car's ETA may be a day or two early compared to the ship's ETA. The important thing to remember is that the cars do not get stuck at port for so long unless there is a port strike or some similar event. It gets shipped out on the next available ship going to Canada and/or the US. The port operates round the clock non-stop.

Step 4: Once you know the ship carrying your car, go to this website: (https://www.marinetraffic.com/en/ais/index/ships/all) to track the ship from port to port. Note: for guests, there is no tracking available while the ship is in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. Only paid subscribers have access to this info. This website will also give you interesting info about the vessel itself including photos. The port of Halifax has live cams of the harbour. If you know when the ship will be sailing through the port, you can intercept and see it through these cameras. https://www.novascotiawebcams.com/en...ax-waterfront/

There is no way to track you car when it is loaded up and transported by train from Halifax. What I know is that it takes a two to three days to unload from the ship and load on a train. The train trip between Halifax and Vancouver takes around three to four days.

These are the steps I followed when I special ordered my 2011 VW GTI. I did the same when I special ordered my 2016 Audi S5.
This thread was helpful to me so just wanted to add one data point. For the marinetraffic.com site, you can signup for a free 3 day trial that allows you to track your boat using satellite. You just need to input a credit card to activate the trial, and right from the get go you can cancel the auto rebill.
Old 04-12-2019, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi All, I just (March 25th) Ordered a 2019 RS3 (this will be my first Audi) With this thread being a couple years old, i am wondering if anyone has new information on a tracking system for Canadian Factory orders?

I have my COMM number and an ETA of August 08 2019 - August 28th 2018. And thats it, no other info.

Hoping someone knows how to get more info, like when it is scheduled to start production, end Production, arrive at european port, and arrive at CDN port.

much appreciated.

thanks,
Old 04-12-2019, 07:18 AM
Permanent S Mode Member

Received 573 Likes on 376 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevin S
Hi All, I just (March 25th) Ordered a 2019 RS3 (this will be my first Audi) With this thread being a couple years old, i am wondering if anyone has new information on a tracking system for Canadian Factory orders?

I have my COMM number and an ETA of August 08 2019 - August 28th 2018. And thats it, no other info.

Hoping someone knows how to get more info, like when it is scheduled to start production, end Production, arrive at european port, and arrive at CDN port.

much appreciated.

thanks,
Start with your dealer and ask for a copy of your order status, it will have a bunch of dates and ETAs on it. It should look like this:

Quick Reply: Tracking a Canadian Factory Order