Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Turn signals obscured by steering wheel

Old 04-24-2019, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 647 Likes on 420 Posts
Default Turn signals obscured by steering wheel

This is perhaps due to my height and seating position, but does anyone find that the steering wheel obscures the turn signals (and partially the fuel and temperature readouts that flank the virtual cockpit)?

If I tilt the steering wheel high enough that I can perfectly see the turn signals, the 12 o'clock position of the wheel is way too high.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

I'm 5'8" and yes I have the same problem. It's not totally ideal but raising/lowering your seat is an option. I would have loved if there was a way to make the turn signals louder so you didn't need the visuals.

Originally Posted by Burrcold
This is perhaps due to my height and seating position, but does anyone find that the steering wheel obscures the turn signals (and partially the fuel and temperature readouts that flank the virtual cockpit)?

If I tilt the steering wheel high enough that I can perfectly see the turn signals, the 12 o'clock position of the wheel is way too high.
Old 04-24-2019, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

I think everyone will have a different perspective of the dash. Some positions will obscure certain parts of the dash. It’s inevitable.

Originally Posted by Burrcold

Old 04-24-2019, 03:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by audibonkers
I think everyone will have a different perspective of the dash. Some positions will obscure certain parts of the dash. It’s inevitable.
This is true but I've never owned a car that the signals were blocked at any position of the steering wheel (typically the location of the turn signals is at all points unobstructed for safety reasons).

I'm 5'10" do "average" height I suppose. The only way I can make it so that that I can see them is to lower the seat, but usually when I lower the seat I also have to lower the steering column as well (1st world problems I know...just wanted to see if this was just me or if others had experienced the same).
Old 04-24-2019, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Fuel gauge is obscured for me, but I don't usually use it anyway. I prefer to use the "miles to empty" display since it gives me a better idea of how many days I have until filling up again. I have gotten into the habit of checking it every time I get in the car.

I haven't really noticed the turn signals. If I were a BMW driver I might say "turn signals - what are they?"
Old 04-24-2019, 03:27 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,141 Likes on 1,377 Posts

My wish would be that the HUD had turn signal display as an option. As to louder when being used — no thank you. I like a quiet cabin as much possible.

— John
Old 04-24-2019, 03:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

At night it's not bad because I can see the little blinker in the side view mirror. It's really just during the day (and when I have music on), I like the visible signals).
Old 04-24-2019, 04:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I noticed this immediately in my RS5. I think what made it even more apparent to me was the fact that I never had this problem in my previous B8 S5.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by jkwb49
I noticed this immediately in my RS5. I think what made it even more apparent to me was the fact that I never had this problem in my previous B8 S5.
Okay so it's not just me lol. I've owned something like 25 - 30 cars and never had this problem before. Don't get me wrong I LOVE the virtual cockpit, it's just a quirk that I couldn't tell if it was me or if it was the car.
Old 04-24-2019, 04:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 541 Likes on 362 Posts

Most people don't use them anyway, so it's a non-issue (j/k).

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Turn signals obscured by steering wheel