Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Vinyl help

Old 07-09-2017, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vinyl help

I have a 2018 A5 coupe scuba blue metallic. I'm taking it this week to vinyl wrap the grill in black gloss, I want to leave the audi rings in chrome. I feel the front is just a tad blingy for my style as is.

I'm debating weather to do the door trims in black gloss as well or just leave them as chrome. I have the Sline 5 spoke rim - so if all of the trim was black not sure if it would look right with the chrome wheels still and I dont want to swap the rims out.

What's the consensus - so you normally dechrome everything? Or is just the grill in black is fine? I'm also gettin the calipers painted red if that makes a difference.

Appreciate the feeeback

Old 07-09-2017, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

I have an Navarra Blue S5 on order and I'm leaving the window trim as is, if I were going with one of the two White's, I'd probably either opt for the Black Optics package or have them wrapped...I think the bright trim is a nice contrast to the blue...I kinda feel the same about the grille so I'll be leaving mine stock.
Old 07-09-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would leave the window door trims alone unless you're going to get the rims powder coated black. Seems uneven to me just doing the windows.
Old 07-09-2017, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

how do they wrap the grill? Would be hard to get the vinyl to stick with all the bends and crevices.
Then again I have never had an vinyl work done so I don't know vinyl
Old 07-09-2017, 01:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3cat
how do they wrap the grill? Would be hard to get the vinyl to stick with all the bends and crevices.
Then again I have never had an vinyl work done so I don't know vinyl
It's my first time having it done so I'm far from an expert, they said it wasn't a problem to do although they might remove the grill to do it easir, and it's guaranteed for 7 years from any bubbling or peeling.
Old 07-09-2017, 02:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by anfnj22
It's my first time having it done so I'm far from an expert, they said it wasn't a problem to do although they might remove the grill to do it easir, and it's guaranteed for 7 years from any bubbling or peeling.
Nice, post a pic if you do it
Old 07-09-2017, 04:00 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Heh Im just the opposite of some -I would wrap the trim especially if you were going to leave the wheels chrome (for me leaving rings and wheels chrome provides just enough pop) not a biggie either way as can remove or add later. Would love to see pics no matter what u choose

Not mine but u can of course google navarra blue + black optic to preview

https://www.google.com/search?q=nava...2RcdOkAEjUxJM:

Last edited by peter1; 07-09-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 07-09-2017, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks guys, I'm still undecided I like both looks, so I think im going to start small and just get the inside of the grill in gloss black and leave the outside of the grill and the trim in chrome. That might give me the touch of sportiness I want and break up so much Bling in the front, if not I can always bring it back in to add.
Old 07-09-2017, 07:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by anfnj22
Thanks guys, I'm still undecided I like both looks, so I think im going to start small and just get the inside of the grill in gloss black and leave the outside of the grill and the trim in chrome. That might give me the touch of sportiness I want and break up so much Bling in the front, if not I can always bring it back in to add.
I plan to do the same. I have tango red and plan to black out only in the inner grille (leaving the rings and outline in chrome) and leave the window trim.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Member

Before

Blackened window trims

Blackened grill frame

Someone shared the above pictures before. Notice that blackened window trim makes the car looks smaller. You would tend to focus more on the entire car.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vinyl help