Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Vinyl Wrapped Roof

Old 10-11-2018, 07:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts
Default Vinyl Wrapped Roof

Has anyone with a lighter coloured A5 (mine is a monsoon grey SB), done gloss black vinyl on the roof section, between the sunroof and back glass, including the antenna fin? I’m thinking about having mine done, before getting ceramic, but wanted to see if anyone had a photo to share of theirs.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Location: seattle, Q5 premium plus with 20" wheels, Technology pkg, Nav, B&O Sound, Manhattan Grey with Black
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by arrtewwx
Has anyone with a lighter coloured A5 (mine is a monsoon grey SB), done gloss black vinyl on the roof section, between the sunroof and back glass, including the antenna fin? I’m thinking about having mine done, before getting ceramic, but wanted to see if anyone had a photo to share of theirs.
For my money a black roof is hella hot, and I mean heats up the car interior, and I am up here in rainy cloudy seattle...
Old 10-11-2018, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did exactly that (in addition to my chrome delete and RS grille...) I’ll try to take a photo soon. I like it, and am happy with it, but honestly I wouldn’t do it again... I have Daytona grey and in hindsight I kinda like how the different colors broke up the roofline. Defined it more. Especially when the sunroof was open. Now it looks cool but like a solid block of dark up there. Also the gloss black doesn’t exactly match the super black strip along the back so upon close inspection, you can tell. But hey, my girlfriend actually complimented me on the choice so that’s a good sign.

IITS
Old 10-12-2018, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by katzjamr
For my money a black roof is hella hot, and I mean heats up the car interior, and I am up here in rainy cloudy seattle...
Good point. I'm in way too sunny Dallas and by sunny I mean hell in the summer months. My interior is black on black, with the black headliner so that's definitely something to think about.

Originally Posted by Islandinthesky
I did exactly that (in addition to my chrome delete and RS grille...) I’ll try to take a photo soon. I like it, and am happy with it, but honestly I wouldn’t do it again... I have Daytona grey and in hindsight I kinda like how the different colors broke up the roofline. Defined it more. Especially when the sunroof was open. Now it looks cool but like a solid block of dark up there. Also the gloss black doesn’t exactly match the super black strip along the back so upon close inspection, you can tell. But hey, my girlfriend actually complimented me on the choice so that’s a good sign.

IITS
Thanks. I've been going back and forth on it, so look forward to seeing an example. No doubt will be cool looking. My wife already thinks I am going crazy enough on the new A5 SB with PPF, the RS style grille and ceramic -- but she likes how it looks too and she was the recipient of my MY14 Q5, so she gives me a lot of leeway for things!
Old 10-12-2018, 06:57 AM
Club AutoUnion

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,377 Posts

“Happy Wife / Happy Life”
Old 10-25-2018, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

@Islandinthesky and @katzjamr any chance you can post some photos of your vinyl wrapped top? Thanks!
Old 10-25-2018, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

@Islandinthesky and @katzjamr any chance you can post some photos of your vinyl wrapped top? Thanks!
yeah buddy... i work 75 hour weeks and haven’t really been around the whip during the day but I’ll try to snap a few today or tomorrow during lunch.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Islandinthesky

yeah buddy... i work 75 hour weeks and haven’t really been around the whip during the day but I’ll try to snap a few today or tomorrow during lunch.
thanks! I hear ya...been working those hours for the last 4 months and just coming to an end (or at least a break a from it) It’s taxing!
Old 10-25-2018, 04:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks! I hear ya...been working those hours for the last 4 months and just coming to an end (or at least a break a from it) It’s taxing!
ok @arrtewwx ... managed to pop off a couple shots during my lunch break... light isn’t that great right now, but hope that gives you an idea. Showed a few angles so you could see how it works with my chrome delete/black optics wrap/RSgrille... gonna powder coat the wheels in the next month to finish the look 🤘🏼

Old 10-25-2018, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks again. That actually looks pretty awesome. I like the blacked out rings too. Nice ride. If I do mine, im going to have the fin wrapped too.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Vinyl Wrapped Roof