AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/)
-   -   Waxing/Sealant (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-a5-s5-rs5-coupe-cabrio-b9-220/waxing-sealant-2960438/)

CozyOzzy 10-10-2018 10:11 PM

Waxing/Sealant

Anyone mind sharing their waxing or sealant use on this car? I'm coming up on 3000 miles and thinking about getting a nice sealant to get that pop back on the shine but I don't wanna mess up anything. Any tips?

JBDinTX 10-10-2018 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by CozyOzzy (Post 25222466)
Anyone mind sharing their waxing or sealant use on this car? I'm coming up on 3000 miles and thinking about getting a nice sealant to get that pop back on the shine but I don't wanna mess up anything. Any tips?

i am am really happy with my Gtechniq coating. It has a 10 year warranty
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...65957373b.jpeg

katzjamr 10-10-2018 10:48 PM

I have been using Mirror Shine by Torque Detail. Its made in house in Florida, by a former professional detailer. It has a Polymer based formula that bonds to the paint coating. Great shine and easy to use. Love the Griots products too. good luck, dave

CMillA5 10-11-2018 05:27 AM

I use Adams Polish products, they're a local company in the Denver area. They had a polish day when I had my Shelby a few years ago and I've used their stuff ever since, it's great as a roockie like me can watch videos to do everything and get almost pro quality results. Haven't done anything but sealer on the new A5 but here's a pic of our Macan that I had just finished up.

CMillA5 10-11-2018 05:32 AM

Didn't post let's try again

KCTiger83 10-11-2018 05:42 AM

Originally Posted by JBDinTX (Post 25222473)

i am am really happy with my Gtechniq coating. It has a 10 year warranty
https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...65957373b.jpeg

Beautiful! I challenge any of the critics of the OEM 20s to say that your wheels don't look good. This pic is stunning. If you don't own these wheels, you don't understand the nuances built into them that separate them from the Hyundai or Kia or whatever comparisons. Anyway-great job, and I also love this product. not cheap or easy, but wonderful results.

Nikon1 10-11-2018 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by KCTiger83 (Post 25222545)
Beautiful! I challenge any of the critics of the OEM 20s to say that your wheels don't look good. This pic is stunning. If you don't own these wheels, you don't understand the nuances built into them that separate them from the Hyundai or Kia or whatever comparisons. Anyway-great job, and I also love this product. not cheap or easy, but wonderful results.

In my case it’s purely what my eyes and mind see - ergo, it’s my opinion that I don’t find these wheels attractive to me.

And as far as Hyundai & Kia — again, IMO — they are the biggest thieves of other manufacturers designs. Look at Hyundai when they first came to the USA; their vehicles looked like copies of the cars manufactured in Russia. Those early Hyundai’s reminded me of suppositories — they were the least stylizied cars on the road. But they sold for one reason —Cheap!

Fast foward 10 years and they started copying much more stylish cars. At least Kia has started to form a “brand” and style of their own while Hyundai does what they do best, rip off other people’s style.

Sorry for the hijack, but opinions are like butts: Everyone has one and no one thinks theirs stinks.

wam22 10-11-2018 08:32 AM

Chemical Guys Jet Seal has been fantastic. A wax you have to apply every 6-12 months and a sealant every 12-18 months. If you are looking for a more long-term solution, look for some type of ceramic coating. They are more expensive (can range from $50-$2000 for a bottle) but can last 3-10 years without needing to reapply.

CozyOzzy 10-11-2018 09:17 AM

Thanks everyone for the tips!

SloopJohnB@mac.com 10-11-2018 09:30 AM

The real problem is the poor OEM paint job(s).

Originally Posted by CozyOzzy (Post 25222466)

I just use whatever Meguiars I have on hand, I like the quick wax and the best of show wax and best of show detail spray. Of course I wash the car, clay it, etc., but don't put a great deal of effort into a leased car with less than mirror finish! I guarantee you before I used a ceramic coat $$$ I would have the color corrected/wet sanded utterly smooth/mirror but that would generally require going through the clear coat to fix the color (there's a reason your reflection isn't a mirror!). I haven't seen an acceptable (but whatchoo gonna do? The OEM doesn't give an eff!) paint job since my Jag V12. A power line reflected a STRAIGHT line in the factory paint job...NOTHING today (well maybe a Bently or Royce, but still.) will do that.