Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

For what is AudiConnect useful?

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default For what is AudiConnect useful?

Sorry guys about the title, trying not to end a sentence with a preposition...

So I activated my Audi connect, and I am not sitting in the car now but can take screen pics manana if necessary, just curious how you guys use it, maybe I am missing out on something.

I believe there is a google map, probably can get this on iphone Airplay too.

You can kind of see a weather radar, but i think you have to back out of it and go back in to get it to update. Its a snapshot in time.

Fuel prices and location.

"Events" in your town.

Truncated news headlines.

What puzzles me is how do things make it to Audi connect? Who picks the headlines and the activities in my town?

Anyhow do you use it any and how do you use it?
Old 07-18-2017, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I wish that thing was a full blown browser that would read things out loud maybe... Seems like there a lot more useful things it could do....
Old 07-19-2017, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I think being able to send destinations to your car is kind of cool - have used it a couple times already.

I'm not likely to ever be a user of the weather/events/twitter/fuel price functionality.

I guess being able to lock/unlock as well as check car status /fuel gauge from my phone is kind of nice.

Not sure whether I will re-up on connect once the trial runs out. I would probably miss the cool factor of having Google Earth in the VC but the novelty will likely wear off by then
Old 07-19-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Pi-guy
I think being able to send destinations to your car is kind of cool - have used it a couple times already.

I'm not likely to ever be a user of the weather/events/twitter/fuel price functionality.

I guess being able to lock/unlock as well as check car status /fuel gauge from my phone is kind of nice.

Not sure whether I will re-up on connect once the trial runs out. I would probably miss the cool factor of having Google Earth in the VC but the novelty will likely wear off by then
I forgot about twitter on there, I haven't logged into that yet, or whatever.... I will try that.

As far as sending destinations, how does that work? Do you send something from your phone?

And yeah, locking and unlocking the car from the phone is cool.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,091 Likes on 770 Posts

You can sync your calendar to the app, and then push that data (date/time and destination), to the car

If you go into the myaudi portal, under your registered car, there is a suite of video tutorials, and a quick start guide that you guys will probably find helpful
Old 07-19-2017, 08:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Lots of information on audiusa.com as well.

https://www.audiusa.com/technology/i...e/audi-connect

I use it mostly for Google Earth, Local Google searches while on the go and sending destinations from Google Maps or my phone. To send destinations from the phone you need to use the MMI connect app. You can either pick contacts or calendar appointments to send to the car, or you can share a location from any app on the phone directly with the car. At least on iOS. I believe the sharing doesn't work as well on Android. But on my iPhone I can look something up in Apple Maps, Google Maps, Yelp etc. and then tap on Share, pick the MMI connect app as the target and it sends the location directly to the car. With my older MMI, I can't use the remote lock/unlock and status features etc.
Old 07-19-2017, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by noragrets
Sorry guys about the title, trying not to end a sentence with a preposition...

So I activated my Audi connect, and I am not sitting in the car now but can take screen pics manana if necessary, just curious how you guys use it, maybe I am missing out on something.

I believe there is a google map, probably can get this on iphone Airplay too.

You can kind of see a weather radar, but i think you have to back out of it and go back in to get it to update. Its a snapshot in time.

Fuel prices and location.

"Events" in your town.

Truncated news headlines.

What puzzles me is how do things make it to Audi connect? Who picks the headlines and the activities in my town?

Anyhow do you use it any and how do you use it?
The best stuff is from the myAudi website OR from the iPhone app where you can geofence your car, locate your car, stolen vehicle alert, check the oil level. Some things work better on the website, some things only work from the MMI iOS app.

I travel a lot and knowing that my car is safe where I left it is nice.

The infotainment items I don't really use.
Old 07-19-2017, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 64 Posts

When my wife drives my car, I know where and when she's parked along with when the car's moving.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Access to the 360 view around the car would've been nice.

How much will I lose if I bring my own data connection after the trial? I only want the google nav, and I guess the ability to check the status of the car.

I had to pay for OnStar in my Camaro to maintain such features.
Old 07-23-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by amademann
Access to the 360 view around the car would've been nice.

How much will I lose if I bring my own data connection after the trial? I only want the google nav, and I guess the ability to check the status of the car.

I had to pay for OnStar in my Camaro to maintain such features.
You can't bring your own data connection on the B9 anymore. The system uses a built-in eSIM. There is a SIM slot that can be activated via VCDS, but it only works for the Wifi hotspot, so at most you get the Wifi hotspot functionality with your own data connection.