What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far? - AudiWorld Forums

Notices
Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Old 04-30-2018, 11:21 AM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 208
Default What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Hello gents,
I've been lurking on here for some time, because I've been planning on buying an S5 Sportback, but when I saw confirmation that
the RS5 Sportback is being released near EOY 2018, I'm considering stepping up to the RS version when it is released.

I know the Coupe and SB, comparably equipped, are within a few hundred bucks of each other, and I've heard of guys on the 2018 S5's
experiencing $5,000 - $10,000(miraculously!) off of MSRP, However, now that I have confirmation on the RS5 SB, I'm wondering what,
if anything, are you guys with RS5 coupes seeing off of MSRP?

Just curious......because I REALLY like it and the wife gave me the semi-Green light to potentially go the RS5 SB route.

Thanks for any info!!
WillieFlo is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:43 AM
  #2  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 40
Default

Assuming the MSRP pricing is similar to the Coupe, out of the gate assuming you'd option both the S5 Prestige and RS5 pretty generously, you'd be looking at a $20k price difference, with the MSRP savings on the S5 it would probably be closer to $25-$30k difference. There will probably be some savings on the RS5 down the road, but probably not until same time next year, so also depends on how long are you willing to wait. Good luck!
A5Newbie is online now  
Old 04-30-2018, 11:44 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Senior Member
 
Chris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 730
Default

I haven't seen evidence of much in the way of deals on RS5s. Mine's MSRP, and that's pretty much what I've heard of so far. I think I've seen an Audi Care included, but not much else.
Chris is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 02:24 PM
  #4  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by A5Newbie View Post
Assuming the MSRP pricing is similar to the Coupe, out of the gate assuming you'd option both the S5 Prestige and RS5 pretty generously, you'd be looking at a $20k price difference, with the MSRP savings on the S5 it would probably be closer to $25-$30k difference. There will probably be some savings on the RS5 down the road, but probably not until same time next year, so also depends on how long are you willing to wait. Good luck!
Originally Posted by I haven't seen evidence of much in the way of deals on RS5s. Mine's MSRP, and that's pretty much what I've heard of so far. I [i
think I've seen an Audi Care included, but not much else.
Yep, that is what I expected I would be getting back on your responses.....

Yes, I was looking at doing either:
S5 SB Prestige Pkg in Mythos Blk Met. & Magma Red interior w Carbon inlays, Sport Pkg & Dynamic Steering.
Aftermarket would be ABT front spoiler, RS style grille, AWE Touring exhaust, 20x10 Vorsteiner Carbon Graphite wheels, and all Chrome/Alum would be painted Matte Charcoal/Graphite....
OR
RS5 SB in Mythos Black Met. exterior with Black leather/Crescendo Red stitched Nappa interior, Nav Pkg, Dynamic Package, Dynamic Steering, B&O system.
Aftermarket would be painting/powdercoating
all Chrome/Alum and the 20x10 wheels Matte Charcoal/Graphite, in addition to 10mm or 15mm spacers for the wheels,
with an ABT RS5-R front spoiler and tune later down the road.........


Both would need X-Pel Ulti Plus midway down.....
WillieFlo is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:11 PM
  #5  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 31
Default

I got a great deal on my s5 SB in January. Iím friends with my GM and I told him I want the first RS5 SB he can get and Iím not expecting much.
achenator is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 05:52 PM
  #6  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
deltagroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
"...I'm wondering what,
if anything, are you guys with RS5 coupes seeing off of MSRP?....
MSRP here. Not much out there in the way of deals right now. Dealer allocations are really thin. That may or may not change when the SB arrives later this year.

Good luck in your search, WillieFlo. A semi-green spousal indicator light is certainly a good start. ;-)
deltagroup is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 07:02 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 208
Default

Originally Posted by deltagroup View Post
MSRP here. Not much out there in the way of deals right now. Dealer allocations are really thin. That may or may not change when the SB arrives later this year.

Good luck in your search, WillieFlo. A semi-green spousal indicator light is certainly a good start. ;-)
deltagroup, you arenít kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, Iím going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I donít like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.

Last edited by WillieFlo; 04-30-2018 at 07:08 PM.
WillieFlo is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 07:48 PM
  #8  
Audiworld Junior Member
 
deltagroup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Bellevue, WA
Posts: 31
Default

Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post
deltagroup, you arenít kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, Iím going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I donít like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.
The Driver Assistance Package I did not want, though options packaging is on my "Things I Can't Control, But They Irritate Me Anyway" list.
deltagroup is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 07:54 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
 
jkwb49's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CT
Posts: 82
Default

[QUOTE=WillieFlo;25145927]


deltagroup, you aren’t kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, I’m going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I don’t like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.


I was disappointed as well I couldn't get a heads up display without the cruise control I will never use. So far I have been happy with the sensors and back up camera and no HUD...
jkwb49 is offline  
Old 04-30-2018, 08:36 PM
  #10  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 208
Default

[QUOTE=jkwb49;25145949]
Originally Posted by WillieFlo View Post


deltagroup, you arenít kidding! She gives me a hint of promise, Iím going to take that and run with it before she changes her mind!
The only thing I donít like about the RS packaging is that they put the top-view camera and heads up display into the same package as the horrid Adaptive cruise control! Prefer the way it is packaged into the Prestige Pkg in the S-Model.
I was disappointed as well I couldn't get a heads up display without the cruise control I will never use. So far I have been happy with the sensors and back up camera and no HUD...
Thatís good to know you can get used to it. Love the HUD on my Denali, but I got screwed into the Adaptive Cruise on that being packaged with the HUD as well. Not gonna make that mistake again.
Really wanted the top view camera to keep me from damaging an expensive ABT front spoiler on a parking stall stop or wheels against a curb when parallel pkg....
WillieFlo is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: