Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2018, 07:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lock this thread lol
Old 07-11-2018, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by Audirs518
So this will be my last posting on this subject. I don't have time to waste my breathe on it.
I knew it was too good to be true!

Old 07-11-2018, 05:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by kctiger1983
Go to Control Panel and "Edit Settings". You can "ignore" a poster by user name. I now have one on my list.
Thanks for pointing that out. I now have a name on there also!
Old 07-11-2018, 05:19 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AgMaple
Thanks for pointing that out. I now have a name on there also!
+1
Old 07-11-2018, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Is it wrong that I'm laughing this much? It's like he has no control over his own keyboard.

Old 07-12-2018, 09:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

My issue with Audirs518 is that they are treating other members in this thread as losers for paying MSRP or not getting their great deal plus not getting it into their head that a deal received at a dealer located in location X does not mean another dealer located in location Y will have the same deal. Likely due to different supply and demand scenarios at the different locations / regions.

Sure, I could buy from a dealer in location X to get the deal but that means I also have to either a) spend money to get the car delivered to my location which eats into any savings I got on the price of the car or b) spend my time and money to travel to location X and drive it home myself which also eats into any savings + hassles for time off and travel. I might still end up ahead but the difference is likely not worth the hassle, the additional wait and the value I put on my time.

I still have no clue what the final sale price will be for the RS5 Sportback I'm in the market for being that no one is taking orders yet as far as I know but if I get it for MSRP it's not because I'm a sucker or any of the other terms that Audirs518 has called people or didn't make an effort to get a discount or that I wanted to pay MSRP. It's more likely because there is already a waiting list for orders of the RS5 Sportback and it's likely the Sportback is going to be way more popular than the Coupe. As such, the dealers have to need to lower the price at least initially. Being that I've already been waiting and saving for a new car for the last 4 years, I don't want to wait even longer to maybe get a discount later after things slow down.

Last edited by heymoe; 07-12-2018 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You nailed it.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by heymoe
My issue with Audirs518 is that they are treating other members in this thread as losers for paying MSRP or not getting their great deal plus not getting it into their head that a deal received at a dealer located in location X does not mean another dealer located in location Y will have the same deal. Likely due to different supply and demand scenarios at the different locations / regions.

Sure, I could buy from a dealer in location X to get the deal but that means I also have to either a) spend money to get the car delivered to my location which eats into any savings I got on the price of the car or b) spend my time and money to travel to location X and drive it home myself which also eats into any savings + hassles for time off and travel. I might still end up ahead but the difference is likely not worth the hassle, the additional wait and the value I put on my time.

I still have no clue what the final sale price will be for the RS5 Sportback I'm in the market for being that no one is taking orders yet as far as I know but if I get it for MSRP it's not because I'm a sucker or any of the other terms that Audirs518 has called people or didn't make an effort to get a discount or that I wanted to pay MSRP. It's more likely because there is already a waiting list for orders of the RS5 Sportback and it's likely the Sportback is going to be way more popular than the Coupe. As such, the dealers have to need to lower the price at least initially. Being that I've already been waiting and saving for a new car for the last 4 years, I don't want to wait even longer to maybe get a discount later after things slow down.
No that it makes you a "loser" but if you paid MSRP for your car, regardless of what it is... come on... lol
Old 07-16-2018, 03:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 175 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by 18RS5
No that it makes you a "loser" but if you paid MSRP for your car, regardless of what it is... come on... lol
As I've clearly stated several times, I rather not pay MSRP but I'm also not going to jump though hoops to save a few % by going out of state if my local dealers are not going to budge on the price. Going out of state comes with additional expenses and time that would eat into any savings I got off the price of the car that it would likely not be worth the extra hassle to a point. I will likely check a few dealers at least one state over when the time comes to cover my bases but outside of that, likely not worth it to me.

I appreciate the people who have reported in this thread what sort of discounts they were able to get since it does provide more data for me and others but calling members names, laughing at them, etc.. because they reported they paid MSRP is a bit much don't you think? In the end, does it really matter / affect you in any way what I paid for my car? Should I laugh at you for only getting 4% off instead of 6% and tell you you didn't try hard enough even though your situation is likely different than mine?
Old 07-16-2018, 05:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

We all try to get the best deal we can - it's human nature. But, sometimes that best deal involves too much time and hassle to be worth it. I guess it depends to an extent on how much value we put on our own time.

I bought from the only Audi dealer in our state and got a surprisingly large discount. I'm still not quite sure how I achieved this as I don't think my negotiating skills are that good, but of course I did set out to get as good a price as I could. I just did all the obvious things like not acting keen, mentioning other options in the BMW and MB stables and hinting I might be willing to make a deal on the spot if the price was attractive enough. All the time, I had made up my mind the S5 was the right car for me and I was willing to buy at MSRP and wanted to place an order ASAP.

In the overall scheme of things, though, I regard the savings as nice but inconsequential. 10-15% off just isn't a big deal. If it is, you're probably shopping outside your ideal price range. Other things in life are more important.

So, I totally understand and appreciate the evangelists telling us that discounts are available and where and when they can be achieved and I also totally understand someone willing to pay the full price if discounts simply are not available on the car they want, where they want it and when they want it.

Quick Reply: What Kind of Deals Out There on RS5 So Far?