Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

What strange issues have you experienced?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2017, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 17 Posts

bbbobb, uggggg no good at all. Apparently drive by wire had a short.
Old 11-21-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by PRGeno
I just had my first phantom PreSense incident. I was backing up with nothing behind me when a warning sounded and the car came to a very sudden stop. It actually felt like I did hit something, but nothing was there. It happened so fast I don't recall seeing any warning displayed in the VC, nor do I remember what the warning sounded like. I really thought I hit something, it was that loud of a bang and jolting of a stop.

I was on flat ground, but it was dark and the only thing I could see in the rear camera view was that maybe the car got spooked by the reflection of the tail lights on the ground.

Very bizarre
Had this happened today. I was backing out of an angled parking space and it suddenly stopped (no one was coming up on me), turns out there was traffic from the other direction and my projected path have crossed into the other side of the road. but I wouldn't have as I was almost ready to put into drive and go forward. Scared the hell out of me.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As usual - avoid the first couple of model years on German cars... Mid-cycle refresh is typically quite good, and the last year is best, but definitely stay away from the first 2 years!
Old 11-21-2017, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 140 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by visualguy
As usual - avoid the first couple of model years on German cars... Mid-cycle refresh is typically quite good, and the last year is best, but definitely stay away from the first 2 years!
And missed out being the first on the block with a new model? Are you kidding? I can easily live with the varies quarks ;-P
Old 11-21-2017, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by visualguy
its all relative. Ask Tesla Model S, and X owners and see what weird stuffs they experienced. At least I don’t see Audi people complaining about seat leather wearing out, or trim pieces not fitting right, or worst that water was leaking into cabin!
Old 11-21-2017, 09:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sometimes (roughly 10 times in 3 months) the drivers door window doesn't retract the 1/2 inch when I open the door so that when I close the door the window sticks on the outside of the chrome window trim.
Old 11-21-2017, 10:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KarKid
its all relative. Ask Tesla Model S, and X owners and see what weird stuffs they experienced. At least I don’t see Audi people complaining about seat leather wearing out, or trim pieces not fitting right, or worst that water was leaking into cabin!
Lol. I bought a brand new ordered 2017 Tesla Model S, and it had non-functioning steering wheel buttons when I took delivery. First 2 weeks of ownership, it was back at the service department 5 times with lots of little issues.

And yes, first wash, water leaked from that little front triangle window into the cabin.
Old 11-22-2017, 02:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThaneS5
Sometimes (roughly 10 times in 3 months) the drivers door window doesn't retract the 1/2 inch when I open the door so that when I close the door the window sticks on the outside of the chrome window trim.
That used to happen with my '09 S5 too, so it's not an example of a first year of a model quirk. That's just something that apparently happens with the Audi frameless window mechanism. Although having it happen 10 times in just a few months seems a bit too often. I might have had it happen maybe twice that number of times in the entire 9 years I owned the '09, usually in Winter.

Last edited by PRGeno; 11-22-2017 at 04:47 AM.
Old 11-22-2017, 05:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by ThaneS5
This happens to me seldomly, but enough to make me look at the window almost every time I walk away. While it's not a huge deal and it happens infrequently, it's only going to take one time with rain to really cause issues...
Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Wiz33
And missed out being the first on the block with a new model? Are you kidding? I can easily live with the varies quarks ;-P
Hell ya! This car is f--king amazing! It's hard to explain to people how great this car is. Pictures and blogs don't do this car justice. It's an experience. I can live with a few little problems here and there.

Everyday i wake up and look forward to opening up the garage and driving to work. And each and everyday as I walk through the parking lot, I have to walk about 50 feet from my car and turn around and give her one last glance. That a$$ is perfect!

Quick Reply: What strange issues have you experienced?