Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wheel fitment advice

 
Old 06-15-2019, 05:03 PM
  #1  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Wheel fitment advice

Hi all,

Going to pull the trigger on some wheels soon and being a complete novice at this, thought I'd get your advice.

Currently have OEM 18x8.5 245/40ZR18 on my sportback and was thinking about doing either one of these:

GramLights
- 18x8.5, 5x114.3, 38mm offset
Te37s
- 18x8.5, 5x114.3, 34mm offset

I think they should be compatible with the tires I currently have and I plan on purchasing PCD bolts for either set (is there any reason to drill instead?).

Can I get away with these offsets without using spacers (I suspect not)? Thoughts on the spacer measurement I should get to have the wheels flush with the fenders? Will wheel-fender flushness affect a future air suspension kit and how the body sits over the wheels?

Last edited by 00I00; 06-15-2019 at 05:07 PM.
00I00 is offline  
Old 06-15-2019, 06:24 PM
  #2  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Nemesis Autosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delaware USA/Ottawa CA
Posts: 465
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

I do not recommended running spacers with wobble bolts.




To get flush figment with your OE wheels you’d need 15mm. OE are 18x8.5” ET29 so those wheels listed would be less aggressive.

Volk TE37 Saga come in 18x8.5” ET36 5x112. Then you can run spacers.

Gram Lights 57CR are available in 19x8.5 or 9.5” in ET25/35/45 depending on width in 5x112.

Last edited by Nemesis Autosport; 06-15-2019 at 06:29 PM.
Nemesis Autosport is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 10:20 AM
  #3  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport View Post
I do not recommended running spacers with wobble bolts.




To get flush figment with your OE wheels you’d need 15mm. OE are 18x8.5” ET29 so those wheels listed would be less aggressive.

Volk TE37 Saga come in 18x8.5” ET36 5x112. Then you can run spacers.

Gram Lights 57CR are available in 19x8.5 or 9.5” in ET25/35/45 depending on width in 5x112.
Gotcha, so 44mm offset is the ideal number and I'd need to run 9mm spacers with the TE37 Sagas? EDIT: I have no idea what I'm talking about LOL. Brb reading up on offsets

Btw, love the TE37s on your RS5, was actually what prompted me to start looking into them myself

Last edited by 00I00; 06-16-2019 at 10:29 AM.
00I00 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 11:25 AM
  #4  
AudiWorld Super User
 
Nikon1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 2,164
Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport View Post
I do not recommended running spacers with wobble bolts.
New Learning Experience! First car with lug bolts versus lug nuts, so “wobble bolts” was an unknown term. I did go to the ECS Tuning site for the answer.

Thank you, from an Old Dog who has learned a new term. (Wobble bolts are nothing I’d want to risk my life on. Purely my opinion.)


— John
Nikon1 is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:57 PM
  #5  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Nemesis Autosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delaware USA/Ottawa CA
Posts: 465
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 00I00 View Post
Gotcha, so 44mm offset is the ideal number and I'd need to run 9mm spacers with the TE37 Sagas? EDIT: I have no idea what I'm talking about LOL. Brb reading up on offsets

Btw, love the TE37s on your RS5, was actually what prompted me to start looking into them myself
Thanks. Just sold them actually. Would have been good fit. If buyer backs out I’ll let you know.

As for offsets, if doing an 8.5”, you want to have a lower ET number. This means the wheel will move towards the fender. The Saga are 8.5” ET36 and you’d need 9mm to make them the same as your OE ET29. To make them more flush, you’d want another 15, so 25mm spacers. They aren’t the best fit for the B9 5s.
Nemesis Autosport is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 05:59 PM
  #6  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Nemesis Autosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delaware USA/Ottawa CA
Posts: 465
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default


Nemesis Autosport is offline  
Old 06-16-2019, 06:46 PM
  #7  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport View Post
Thanks. Just sold them actually. Would have been good fit. If buyer backs out I’ll let you know.

As for offsets, if doing an 8.5”, you want to have a lower ET number. This means the wheel will move towards the fender. The Saga are 8.5” ET36 and you’d need 9mm to make them the same as your OE ET29. To make them more flush, you’d want another 15, so 25mm spacers. They aren’t the best fit for the B9 5s.
Please do, very interested. EDIT: Can you send me a link to your for sale post? I stumbled on it a while back and I'm having a really hard time finding it through the forum search

Makes sense now, I was misunderstanding offsets thinking it was relative to the axle hub, but it's instead to the wheel center. To be sure, am I missing something when you say I need 9mm to get them to where my OE wheels sit? Where's the extra 2mm coming from?

Last edited by 00I00; 06-16-2019 at 07:21 PM.
00I00 is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 01:34 AM
  #8  
Audiworld Basic Sponsor
 
Nemesis Autosport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Delaware USA/Ottawa CA
Posts: 465
Received 27 Likes on 12 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by 00I00 View Post
Please do, very interested. EDIT: Can you send me a link to your for sale post? I stumbled on it a while back and I'm having a really hard time finding it through the forum search

Makes sense now, I was misunderstanding offsets thinking it was relative to the axle hub, but it's instead to the wheel center. To be sure, am I missing something when you say I need 9mm to get them to where my OE wheels sit? Where's the extra 2mm coming from?
Sorry, doing math after a long day of Fathers Day celebrations isn’t a good idea. The difference is 7mm not 9mm.

I didnt have an ad. A few people had asked to email them when I was considering to sell and one of them did.
Nemesis Autosport is offline  
Old 06-17-2019, 07:06 PM
  #9  
AudiWorld Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 50
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default

Originally Posted by Nemesis Autosport View Post
Sorry, doing math after a long day of Fathers Day celebrations isn’t a good idea. The difference is 7mm not 9mm.

I didnt have an ad. A few people had asked to email them when I was considering to sell and one of them did.
All good, just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something haha.

Could've sworn I saw a post about the TE37s being sold. Anyhoo, let me know if he does back out!
00I00 is offline  
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
4Ring Jelly
Audi allroad
3
02-07-2009 09:46 PM
R2.7TA6
Rocky Mountain Discussion
5
11-07-2004 02:42 PM
TimD
A8 / S8 (D2 Platform) Discussion
3
04-11-2004 08:29 AM
sbh tuned
A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion
7
07-17-2003 12:45 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel fitment advice


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: