Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Wheel gurus! quick question

Old 05-06-2019, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Wheel gurus! quick question

Looking to get my stock replaced on my S5 soon. The brands/styles that are catching my eye are Vorsteiner, Vossen, BBS, etc. Prices are averaging out to around $2500 for a set before tax/shipping.

Are there wheel brands out there that offer similar styles/trends, but aren't $600 a pop? Any links?

And here is a tire noob question. I see a lot of people doing the spacer thing for the aggressive poke, which looks great. But are there tire options out there that accomplish the same thing without spacers?

Just trying to do everything right the first time

thanks in advance
Old 05-06-2019, 09:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeden
And here is a tire noob question. I see a lot of people doing the spacer thing for the aggressive poke, which looks great. But are there tire options out there that accomplish the same thing without spacers?
Spacer are not only needed for the aggressive poke. They are also needed to if you simply want the wheel flush with the fender. And you can accomplish the same thing by selecting a wheel with the appropriate offset. A spacer simply change the wheel offset.

So instead of using a 10 mm spacer with a ET33 (33 mm offset) wheel, you could use a wheel with an offset of 23 mm instead (ET23).
Old 05-07-2019, 05:24 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 342 Likes on 197 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaeden
Looking to get my stock replaced on my S5 soon. The brands/styles that are catching my eye are Vorsteiner, Vossen, BBS, etc. Prices are averaging out to around $2500 for a set before tax/shipping.

Are there wheel brands out there that offer similar styles/trends, but aren't $600 a pop? Any links?

Just trying to do everything right the first time

thanks in advance
Where are you located?
I'd be happy to help you out answering any of your questions.
Please feel free to email me at martin@nemesisautosport.com

Old 05-07-2019, 05:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Spacers are a really nice way of flicking stones up onto BMW's behind you
Old 05-07-2019, 01:16 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 184 Likes on 116 Posts

Originally Posted by audibonkers
Spacers are a really nice way of flicking stones up onto BMW's behind you
Haha and your own fenders/rockers, depending on how aggressive the spacers make the gross offset.