Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

White LED lights under B&O speakers

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2017, 05:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default White LED lights under B&O speakers

How difficult would it be to just go into the door and unplug these awful white light strips under these speakers? Better yet, do you think it could be replaced with the lights that are in the rest of the door and rigged to change color with the others?

I'll settle for unplugging them though. Anyone do this?
The following users liked this post:
Qblunt (01-25-2023)
Old 07-01-2017, 07:05 PM
N8!
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Just turn the brightness down/off?
Old 07-01-2017, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Don't seem to be able to turn those off without shutting off the colour LED door lights. That's the whole problem...there are other threads on this light. It stays a bright white while you can change the other interior lighting colours. Really stupid design decision.

Last edited by mmorais; 07-01-2017 at 07:17 PM.
Old 07-01-2017, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by mmorais
Don't seem to be able to turn those off without shutting off the colour LED door lights. That's the whole problem...there are other threads on this light. It stays a bright white while you can change the other interior lighting colours. Really stupid design decision.
I'm with you on this one. Not a fan of how they stay bright white when all the other led lighting can be customized. I haven't had a chance to take a good close up look at the surface of the light, but I'm wondering if I could just apply a strip of window tinting or colored translucent vinyl to knock down the brightness relative to the rest of the interior.
Old 07-02-2017, 04:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'd rather it be off altogether vs dimmed or a different colour. If it won't match the other door lights there's no point to this. In fact, there's no point to a light strip down there at all. Seems very random.
Old 07-02-2017, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

How difficult would it be to just go into the door and unplug these awful white light strips under these speakers? Better yet, do you think it could be replaced with the lights that are in the rest of the door and rigged to change color with the others?

I'll settle for unplugging them though. Anyone do this?
You sure they don't change colors? I could have sworn they change from white to a color in certain settings.
Old 07-02-2017, 06:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Mobilehavoc
You sure they don't change colors? I could have sworn they change from white to a color in certain settings.
Pretty positive yup.
Old 07-02-2017, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty positive yup.
confirmed, always white.
Old 07-03-2017, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You need to remove both door cards and you will see the plug that can be cut/disconnected, its very easy...
Old 07-04-2017, 01:17 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by James Cole
You need to remove both door cards and you will see the plug that can be cut/disconnected, its very easy...
Done. Thanks yeah. Just need a trim tool. Got that, popped them off. you actually don't cut or unplug. The light is on a tiny board that just illuminates the tube so it's technically still glowing just not in the tube.

Next stop is Audi parts department. I'd like to try to find out if the signals from the colour selector go to the speaker light as well as the other two lights in the door and that one is simply white only. The dimmer signal matches so hopefully.... If I can just replace the light board with a part from the upper doors hopefully it will be able to match colour. Otherwise just leave it unplugged.

Quick Reply: White LED lights under B&O speakers