Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Why can't I do many things while the car is in motion?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2019, 12:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by AgMaple
We can only hope.
You might get your wish if this "Please reduce oil level" warning doesn't stop randomly popping up.
Old 03-11-2019, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Is that a US specific thing? I can certainly click the control wheel to switch the map from 3d to 2d while driving, and then pan around to get details of marked traffic problems.
Old 03-11-2019, 06:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

It might be just a US thing, since us Americans like to drink coffee, have breakfast, shave, put on make up, play with cell phone and put on contact lens while driving.
Old 03-11-2019, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by The G Man
It might be just a US thing, since us Americans like to drink coffee, have breakfast, shave, put on make up, play with cell phone and put on contact lens while driving.
My buddy saw a man playing the saxophone while driving...
Old 03-11-2019, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
that’s quite a feat. The craziest thing I’ve seen is someone reading a newspaper and another person reading a book, while driving. I quickly shot past them and got the heck outta there.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

....because distracted driving is dangerous...do everyone a favor, if you feel the sudden urge to pan your map or adjust your auto headlight sensitivity or clip your toenails while on the highway, pull over. Distracted driving is deadly. It is scary that you didn’t have enough sense to figure that out without a forum.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Oh wow. just wow.

Originally Posted by luder888
I find myself using my phone more while driving because the darn car locks many of the features while the car is in motion. I cannot pan the map, cannot input certain addresses, cannot check certain text messages, and many other things I can't think of right now. I think by locking down these features while the car is motion it actually backfires and make people grab their phone and use that instead, which is even more distracting.

It would really be nice if there's a way to enable these features while the car is in motion. I'd rather use the in-car interface than have to use my phone's tiny keyboard.
....Perhaps one should just turn in one's man card and be done with it.
Old 03-11-2019, 10:53 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Xenny
That is just AWFUL, no other words
Old 03-11-2019, 11:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by luder888
I find myself using my phone more while driving because the darn car locks many of the features while the car is in motion. I cannot pan the map, cannot input certain addresses, cannot check certain text messages, and many other things I can't think of right now. I think by locking down these features while the car is motion it actually backfires and make people grab their phone and use that instead, which is even more distracting.

It would really be nice if there's a way to enable these features while the car is in motion. I'd rather use the in-car interface than have to use my phone's tiny keyboard.

Eek. Not one to enjoy chastising people on a car forum, but put down the phone dude. Distracted driving can and does kill people. If you find yourself reaching for the phone, consider how little the judge is going to care when you run someone over. "Because my car locked the address input I had to do this really unsafe thing" probably won't cut it as a defense strategy.

Stay safe out there.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozborne
Eek. Not one to enjoy chastising people on a car forum, but put down the phone dude.
It's all good. I set myself up for it for asking that question.