Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B9) Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet 2018 model year and up

Woo Hoo!

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by buickfunnycar
I've been waiting since July 2nd...almost exclusive paint territory!

It's awesome that your wait is almost over. Forgive me but I have to ask. What is unique about the car you ordered if you didn't get an exclusive paint color?

There aren't that many options for US models which allows the US dealers to order most of the reasonably popular combinations. I've seen at least a few S5 Prestige models in dealer inventory here in the Midwest with the color scheme and options you've listed in your signature. My local dealer didn't have the exact combination I wanted in their inventory but they went out and found one in another state and traded that dealer for my car. I only had to wait for 3-4 days for it to transfer between dealers instead of the 3-4 months to get it from the factory.

With all due respect, I'm just really curious why you chose the factory order route?
Old 11-20-2017, 03:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by PRGeno
It's awesome that your wait is almost over. Forgive me but I have to ask. What is unique about the car you ordered if you didn't get an exclusive paint color?

There aren't that many options for US models which allows the US dealers to order most of the reasonably popular combinations. I've seen at least a few S5 Prestige models in dealer inventory here in the Midwest with the color scheme and options you've listed in your signature. My local dealer didn't have the exact combination I wanted in their inventory but they went out and found one in another state and traded that dealer for my car. I only had to wait for 3-4 days for it to transfer between dealers instead of the 3-4 months to get it from the factory.

With all due respect, I'm just really curious why you chose the factory order route?
The waiting part really isn't an issue for me,I have plenty of other cars to drive and I factory ordered the Jaguar this car will replace although that only took 90 days from start to finish.

I just order them to get exactly what I want and nothing that I don't want. If you remember, my original order was for Navarra/Magma and no one would have had that unit in stock or inbound.
Old 11-20-2017, 03:05 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Fdvigna
It shouldn't take this long... for mine it took them 3 weeks from Emdem to San Diego. These ships don't stay more than 24 hours in a port. The Audi rep or the dealer are now able to give you a much more accurate port date as well as a dealer window delivery date.
Thanks for that, I knew the range was rather extended...I should certainly have before Christmas even with the port-installed accessories, may not get my CF pieces though...Vincenzo is checking into that matter.