Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

2003 allroad not starting at all!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2019, 11:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 allroad not starting at all!!!

Hi All,

I have a 2003 Allroad and for whatever reason it just doesn't start, and this is rather sudden. At any rate, was a daily driver and drove home from being out and about, brought home and parked in the garage. Came out next morning to a dead battery (somehow interior dome light was left on, strange as I don't use it), so put on trickle charger, came out about 3 hours later and car wouldn't start. Awaited a complete full charge and tried again(has been a couple weeks with a couple different mechanics coming by and checking codes and things, and still not starting. It acts like there is a computer module issue or something, just doesn't fire off. Any suggestions? I will try and answer any questions best I can.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 02-16-2019, 07:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2003 allroad not starting

Hi all,

In response to my own post, apparently the key is not communicating and the key guy can't get a code from the car(Isn't giving one to reprogram the key). Is there any work around to get the key and the car computer to talk? I don't want to tow it to the dealer and spend 200.00 or more having them do programming if there is some way to get the key to communicate? Would a dead battery cause this to happen? Could the battery on the key fob need to be replaced? HELP!!!! Need suggestions.

Thanks,

Tim
Old 04-05-2019, 09:46 AM
DNL
AudiWorld Junior Member

Did you ever get this problem solved? My car is doing the exact same thing after a dead battery condition. Sorry I can't help more. I'll post up when I figure it out.

Dave
Old 04-24-2019, 03:03 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Try to leave ignition ON for about 30 min (all lights ON) and then try to start, if won't start more then likely you need to go to the dealer to reprogram all the keys
Old 07-10-2019, 05:05 AM
DNL
AudiWorld Junior Member

Just a quick update to this, I finally replaced the battery with a new one, even though the old one tested good after recharging. I used the ignition key to manually lock and unlock the drivers door. After that, the car started right up.