Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Adding heated seats to an allroad with oem parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2010, 05:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adding heated seats to an allroad with oem parts?

I bought an '05 without the cold weather package and the only thing I miss is the heated seats (ok, truth be told, my wife is one the one that misses them). I have searched (and searched and searched...) and what I have found has left me with a few questions I hope someone here can answer.

Does my allroad have the heat elements in the seats, despite not having the heated seat option, and the plug from the elements? I know the wiring and plugs are not there in the main harness, so if the elements/plugs are there in the seat can I buy this (wiring harness for heated seats from http://www.kufatec.de)?

and a new (used) climate control with the heated seat controls:

...wire it all up and have heated seats? If this does all work, then I could do the same with the rear seats, right?
Old 12-02-2010, 05:20 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Maybe it would be cheaper to start from getting ar seats with heating elements,then selling yours to offset the cost.
Whole set here:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/12302.phtml

Last edited by zawa; 12-02-2010 at 05:22 PM.
Old 12-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zawa
Maybe it would be cheaper to start from getting ar seats with heating elements,then selling yours to offset the cost.
Whole set here:

http://forums.quattroworld.com/class...gs/12302.phtml
Well, I'm hoping my existing seats have the heating elements in them. If it turns out they don't, how much for your whole set?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't believe they come with the heat elements unless its the cold weather package deal. I haven't verified that though. I can check under a non-cold weather package car's seats this weekend tho...I'm curious to know now ! Checking EPC later too...

X2 to what zawa said...might be much easier to get the right heated seats and add in the wiring/switches.

There are plenty of good heated seats around from wreckers. Heck, why not put in used heated RS6 , S6 or other C5 model seats? Your non-heated ones (if nice) will easily offset the price.
Old 12-03-2010, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I had read on another site (may have been this one), that all allroads have the heat elements in the seats, but not the heated seat wiring/plugs in the main harness. I looked under my driver seat and saw an empty slot in the plug housing, but also there were no wires/plug going into the slot from the back for a new heater harness to plug into . So now I am thinking that maybe there is no element in the seat or maybe they just did not add the plug?
Old 12-03-2010, 06:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

...for a little background. The reasons I am exploring this option are:

A. I would rather have the car with OEM parts as opposed to aftermarket heaters/switches, etc

B. If I had to, I would go with aftermarket heaters but two shops I have called here in MA have both said they either won't put them in Audi seats because they are too complicated and/or it is too expensive. The one shop that gave me a price was $750. If ai am going to spend that much I would rather be "factory".
Old 12-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

YGM
Old 12-04-2010, 03:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi Devo Allroad,
I have 2 heated Allroad seats for sale. Gray and black, very decent shape overall.
They are from a low mileage 2002. Let me know if you are interested.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

The seats should have the elements in them, but the connectors are cut off -just look for the wires hanging down under the seats, they're there. As for installation of harness and climate head, I don't know exactly how to make it all work.
Old 12-05-2010, 06:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by ScarMcar
The seats should have the elements in them, but the connectors are cut off -just look for the wires hanging down under the seats, they're there. As for installation of harness and climate head, I don't know exactly how to make it all work.
Well, that's good and bad news. So to make this work I would need to find this plug and attach them to my existing seat element wires. Sounds like I'd have to find a bad set allroad seats and cut the plugs off.

Quick Reply: Adding heated seats to an allroad with oem parts?