Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

allroad suspension issues

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default allroad suspension issues

Ive been doing alot of reseach on this but the threads ive seen are from 2010 or so.
I just joind the group and see there are MANY topics about MANY cars.
So here is my issue.
I bought a 2004 a6 audi allroad quattro 2.7 manual.
When i purchased the car, i knowingly purchased it with a leaking front right air spring.
Ok simple enough, i replaced both front ones.
Things were fine although the ride hieght light on dashboard was still on. Looked that up, and read possibly the brake switch was bad.
I didn't replace it.
Then one night it rained. Rear sunk.
Found both rear sensors disconnected somehow.
Ok cleaned the connections and reconnected them.
Ride height light off! Super excited! Ride her home and park her.
Come back out a few hours later and my whole right side is lowere than the left. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!!
So i start reading more (old) threads and it mentions recalibration and something to do with a 402 mod.
So..... what is that?
And can someone please help me get my car all one level at the same time?
Oh and when i turn the car on the level is still the same height as when i left it. Just right side is lower than left. And ive already replace both front air springs.
And the rear ones have been recently replaced (about 1 year ago, i was told. And they do look and feel fine. Hard as rock with air pressure).
Apologies if there may be a newer thread that i havent seen yet.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Air system

Originally Posted by Shawna Bollig
Ive been doing alot of reseach on this but the threads ive seen are from 2010 or so.
I just joind the group and see there are MANY topics about MANY cars.
So here is my issue.
I bought a 2004 a6 audi allroad quattro 2.7 manual.
When i purchased the car, i knowingly purchased it with a leaking front right air spring.
Ok simple enough, i replaced both front ones.
Things were fine although the ride hieght light on dashboard was still on. Looked that up, and read possibly the brake switch was bad.
I didn't replace it.
Then one night it rained. Rear sunk.
Found both rear sensors disconnected somehow.
Ok cleaned the connections and reconnected them.
Ride height light off! Super excited! Ride her home and park her.
Come back out a few hours later and my whole right side is lowere than the left. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?!!!
So i start reading more (old) threads and it mentions recalibration and something to do with a 402 mod.
So..... what is that?
And can someone please help me get my car all one level at the same time?
Oh and when i turn the car on the level is still the same height as when i left it. Just right side is lower than left. And ive already replace both front air springs.
And the rear ones have been recently replaced (about 1 year ago, i was told. And they do look and feel fine. Hard as rock with air pressure).
Apologies if there may be a newer thread that i havent seen yet.
First off, check for a fault codes. Remember and delete them. Leave the vehicle overnight in "Jack mode", In this mode the system does not make measurements and changes in height. And in the morning you can tell if the problem is an air leak or something else. Remember that: the air springs system works even when the main switch is off. Each sensor disconnection or sensor connection is done only in "jack mode"
Old 05-18-2017, 07:36 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The sensors were somehow disconnected in the rear.
They mustve been loose prior to me purchasing the car and bumped out while driving, so it wasnt a choice to disconnect out of jack mode.
The green lights were not working and did not allow me to put into jack mode so directly after cleaning and connecting it was put into jack mode and put the computer to it ran the codes and erased them.
The ride height light on dashboard immediately went out when the sensors were connected.
Has not come back on even after the codes were checked and erased.
I will try the jack mode over night thung and keep you posted.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Can you tell which code numbers you deleted? The alternative air springs in the market today do not hold more than two years. I have already changed 3 pairs of front air spring and two pairs rear, Start in 2011 Then I bought the first pair from Arnott with a lifetime warranty. From 2015, I switched to a arnott new series of air springs, a last one in. 9.2016