Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

allroad down...way down

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2006, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default allroad down...way down

well, first frustration of ownership. yesterday the front left airbag went out. car dropped like a '65 chevy in a hip hop video and bounces like a car with no shocks. warning light came on, level indicator blinking. as per manual, I carefully drove to dealer, avoiding left turns as much as possible. no problem, right? cpo and still under factory warranty. but.....they can't guarantee they can even look at it before wednesday and loaners are not an option. they don't supply loaners, plus I live too far for their shuttle to even take me home. my land rover dealer supplied a loaner if they had the car for over an hour. my local indy shop even gives out loaners. whassup with this? standard, or not? looks like I'm bike commuting until next thursday or so.
Old 06-09-2006, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry to hear! However, it sounds like you'll be in shape in no time (if you're not already)
Old 06-09-2006, 06:45 PM

Default Heh.. sorry, that's the bike envy talking. (see earlier post) Sorry to hear about it. - I hear...

That loaner programs are up to the individual dealer - it's not an AoA standard. I'm glad to hear you're CPO - that should be a relief.

I, myself, am waiting for a catastrophic passenger turbo failure. I can hear it, AMS (local tuner) can hear it, the tech said he heard 'something' when I took him for a drive... but then 'can not duplicate'.

It'll probably blow out on my trip up to San Francisco next weekend. I'll, of course, post and you can meet out your karmic revenge.
Old 06-10-2006, 05:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Sorry to hear that... I've just got my left front air spring replaced

My car is CPO'd and spent all its life here in Colorado and been serviced at the same dealership. My dealer (despite of its bad reputation) provides the loaners for me every time (even when I just drop it for an oil change) but that might be because of my sales guy who still takes really good care of me. Anyway, I wasn't too happy about the service department once and tried to set an appointment with the other dealer here in Denver and they told me they wouldn't give me a loaner, so I guess it's up to them to do or not to do it.
Old 06-10-2006, 06:26 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about that. are there other dealers nearby who might get you in sooner?
Old 06-10-2006, 07:15 AM

Default Sorry to hear:( Happened to me and it took them a long time to work on mine but

did the cam seals and some other jazz at the same time...without my car for three weeks at my indy...driving my father-in-law's '95 Honda Accord wasn't too bad...too far to bike...too bad you don't have a friend or family member to borrow a "beater" from for a little while...my dealer, who doesn't do the best work (see many prior posts) does give out loaners but it isn't a great exchange for poor work, IMHO.

My husband and I have always joked that 10 families should get together and buy a beater pickup for going to the Man'store for housing supplies and for driving when your car is in the shop Good luck to you and I feel your pain
Old 06-10-2006, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

My dealer gives loaners for CPO's
Old 06-10-2006, 09:06 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I get loaners at my dealer for my CPO.