Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Arnott Gen I or II Air Springs? Arnott or OEM Shocks?

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018, 12:16 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Arnott Gen I or II Air Springs? Arnott or OEM Shocks?

Does anyone have experience with and/or advice regarding Arnott air springs and shocks?

Specifically:
- Which spring, gen I or gen II, is best for:
  • Comfort?
  • Off-road?
  • Handling?
  • Durability?
I understand that the gen II springs have a higher spring rate than the OE/gen I springs. My concern is if the gen II springs are designed more for performance handling, then they may be too harsh for off-road use and for general comfort. I use my vehicle to travel on unmaintained forest service roads in the summer, as well as dirty, sloppy, pothole-filled city roads in the winter.

Is there any difference in resilience against dirt/sand/ice between the gen I & II springs? The metal sleeve covering the gen II bladder looks to be a potential weak spot for accumulation.

Regarding the Arnott shocks, are they able to control the gen II springs adequately or are they under-damped? What about OE Audi shocks? I've read that the OE shocks are higher quality than the Arnotts and quieter too.

At this point I'm leaning toward the gen I Arnott springs and OE shocks. Feel free to let me know if you disagree with that choice, thanks!
Old 02-23-2018, 08:22 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

been rolling with arnott front bags for quite a few years, the warranty has paid for itself several times over
on my 2nd set of arnott front shocks, had to warranty out the first pair, they shart the oil all over the place
gen 1 bags are about the same as oem, the gen2's are set up for better handling (less dampening) and the sleeve helps keep debris out
shocks, seem to be the same, but then again my ride has 235k on it, so the chassis isnt as rigid as it used to be

for more extensive info head over to quattroworld.com Forums: allroad and C4/C5 A6/S6/RS6/allroad