Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

catastrophic oil leak

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2019, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default catastrophic oil leak

My 04 2.7T allroad w/ ~140K miles sprung a major leak the other night, leaving a trail of oil spraying down the road coming from the drivers side. Oil was obviously pouring out while driving, as it is all over the underside and rear of the car. No engine lights came on, nor did the car run differently than normal. Once parked, several quarts have dripped out, dripping off of the back side of the oil pan. I can't see the source of the leak, and I think most/all of the oil has leaked out of the engine. Looking for most likely culprits based on these symptoms. I have spent quite a bit of time searching, but I don't see anything similar on the forums. Any insight would be much appreciated, as I'm not sure where to begin. Thanks!
Old 04-29-2019, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check the turbo oil feed and return lines at the turbo and where they go back into the back side of the oil pan. If the oil came from above the trans, check the Tee connection where the feed lines start. Not really sure without more info.
Old 04-29-2019, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by seadouble
My 04 2.7T allroad w/ ~140K miles sprung a major leak the other night, leaving a trail of oil spraying down the road coming from the drivers side. Oil was obviously pouring out while driving, as it is all over the underside and rear of the car. No engine lights came on, nor did the car run differently than normal. Once parked, several quarts have dripped out, dripping off of the back side of the oil pan. I can't see the source of the leak, and I think most/all of the oil has leaked out of the engine. Looking for most likely culprits based on these symptoms. I have spent quite a bit of time searching, but I don't see anything similar on the forums. Any insight would be much appreciated, as I'm not sure where to begin. Thanks!
Check rear main oil seal probably blown out that would be a result of a clogged up pcv valve cause of the way audi and VW set up the vacume system