Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Central locking bizzaro oddity that may require Ghostbusters

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2004, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central locking bizzaro oddity that may require Ghostbusters

Another poster mentioned how you can press the lock button on the remote when either a door or rear hatch is open, the door locks will activate on the closed doors and then when you close the last door it will lock and the rear locking horn will sound.

That works on my 03 on all doors and the rear hatch except the driver's door. When I open the driver's door and press the remote lock, the other three doors lock but when I close the driver's door it does not.

And now it gets wierrrrd ... Close all doors, lock all doors, press the remote UNLOCK twice, open the driver's door, then press the remote LOCK TWICE. Now close the driver's door ... the red alarm lights start flashing, the horn does not beep and the driver's door does NOT lock. Open the driver's door and the alarm does not sound but the red lights continue to flash with the driver's door open.

Would someone please try this on their 03 locks and report your findings. Maybe mine needs fixin'.

Caution, don't unlock and lock too many times quickly w/o starting the car or the remote will unsync from the car. To resync the remote press either the top or bottom button and then unlock the driver's door with the key within 30 seconds.

My 03 is pure stock with most options.
Old 02-13-2004, 07:05 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default My 01 is the same

I haven't tried quite the rigorous testing you have with the multiple button-presses, but it will not lock the driver's door unless it is closed, whether you hit the remote button, use the inside lock stiwtch, or the outside key cylinder. Idiot-proofing to prevent lockouts, I surmise.