Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Coolant Leak backside of engine compartment... ???

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2018, 07:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coolant Leak backside of engine compartment... ???

So about a month ago I got a warning light and the coolant was low. I noticed the front top radiator hose had some leak markings around the plastic connector. So I topped off the fluid and figured it'll come back and be more apparent. So a couple thousand miles later... I get a warning light low coolant, I stop and see coolant vapor coming the the back side of the engine. Without taking anything apart it sounded like the area under the emissions air pump.

So I started to take things apart in the back and noticed two areas of concern but nothing that would seem to be a "major" leak. One was the connector there was what looked like a lot of "white" buildup around the bottom where it screws into the ... The top of the connector looked pretty chewed up??? kind of odd... but the hose to this connector looked fine with no tears, rips, or holes.

The other area I was which actually had some wet coolant was the area which I labeled PT1, PT2, PT3 all of which use a plastic T-connector but I would think this is a vaccum line and not coolant.

Is the Cylinder Head Coolant Pipe known to leak? the the turbo lines leak? I notice coolant underneath on the drive side but it looks like its coming from above the turbo... Again I'm wondering if there is a common problem with coolant leaking of the back engine compartment area