Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

In defense of Audi's, especially AoA's marketing plan (or lack thereof)...

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 06:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In defense of Audi's, especially AoA's marketing plan (or lack thereof)...

How do you market to a customer base as diverse as I see the Audi base? I doubt you could find more than a couple of things that we all have in common and we all drive the SAME model Audi...I think many of the other European cars have a more homogeneous customer base...to say nothing of the American cars.

So, does that makes Audi the car for misfits?

IMHO that gives them a little bit of the "devil his due" as I wouldn't want to try to target these vehicles in the US...where would you put an ad?
Old 10-18-2006, 06:37 PM

Default Corollary to above...

if they know who WE are and that we already own Audi's they should really focus much more on keeping us happy and continuing to buy Audi's.
Old 10-18-2006, 06:48 PM

Default They are in the market of selling cars, not happiness....it's as simple as that ;-)

Dealing with any Customer relations or Service can be a major PIA, with Audi you'll get at least to sit on Leather Furniture and wait only a couple of hours before it's your turn to complain.....and I think the coffee is free too ;-)
Now tell me it isn't so.....
Old 10-19-2006, 12:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Very good "allroad2001"!
Old 10-19-2006, 03:45 AM

Wouldn't making customers happy lead to repeat buys? It does everywhere else.
Old 10-19-2006, 07:00 AM

Default Not necessarily, it's a very complex world; Product Quality vs. Service vs cost of operation vs

depreciation of equipment vs utilization of equipment vs personal issues and so on.....only if people can grade their personal references against their own priorities regarding the product and rate it high enough - then you might see a repeat buy.

Call me a repeat buyer, I'm on Audi number 7 as it stands today but they were all different (Coupe, Sedan, Wagon, FWD, AWD).
And it had nothing to do with Customer Services, mostly the discount in the purchase, sponsorship and product quality had major influence......happiness with the product - absolutely; with Customer Services? Hell no! ;-)
Old 10-19-2006, 02:05 PM

Default Maybe I was misunderstood, I guess I mean bringing products here that you

already have a customer base for...specifically Avants.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:57 PM

Default That is what they do, Audi is just more selective then other manufacturers. And IMHO

they've done some homework.
First: Audi missed the SUV market entirely, MB and BMW were clearly in the lead.

Second: most people in this Country think a Station Wagon has to look like a Woodie or Buick Roadmaster, this is TRUCK Country ;-)

Third: The costs of bringing a foreign car into the US are tremendous, you wouldn't think that a Crash test done in Europe would be legally accepted here?
No, we do it all over again to satisfy the Government, as well as testing the emission norms etc pp.....a long list to follow....

Yes, we would like to have a wider variety or choice of cars, but to stay competitive in price and Service, Car manufacturers have to be selective....unfortunately.

Buy a Jeep Wrangler in Germany....OUCH, my wallet ;-).......same thing, same story, and as long as Countries penalize each other for imports - it wont change.
Old 10-19-2006, 05:56 PM

Default Good points, but I still say they could be more forward thinking...

BMW and MB are bringing in MORE wagons and Audi, who is sitting on better ones IMHO doesn't bring them here...maybe it's just wishful thinking or the kind that never worked as a kid "well everyone else is doing it"