Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Euro Code Tuning (brake fiasco) Saga Continued

Old 05-09-2007, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Euro Code Tuning (brake fiasco) Saga Continued

In an effort to keep my word to the owner of Euro Code Tuning. I said I would write an appropriate post once the problem was resolved.

The Brakes were sent via brown and received by Euro Code on May 2. Shipping on Euro Code's UPS Account.

I contacted Euro Code on the 3rd and advised the shipment was received. I was told my refund would be processed in two days upon verification.

I received my refund...in full...on my Amex on 5/5/07.
+++++++++++

I posted what is appropriate. I did not say anything negative, I did not bring up the past problems and I in no way posted about Euro Code's lack of integrity and honesty. I did not mention their changing of their website while on the phone.

So, I think that Euro Code deserves your consideration. So please consider them appropriatly.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Glad you got it all resolved... "I did not..." lol
Old 05-09-2007, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

hmmmm... where is the back story?
Old 05-09-2007, 02:23 PM
RLG
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take it easy, Paul... There are two sides to every story.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I agree...the other side:

Stoptech did make the switch on the parts as the usual pads are not available for the fronts on dual pad calipers. Stoptech told me this on a phone conversation. The carton was then sent to Euro Code, with matching paperwork that advised them of the change.

Euro Code admitted they did not check the carton or the paperwork when they should have. (OK this can happen)

However the problem blew upm when they changed their website while on the phone with me.

The next day, they also admitted that they changed their website to cover themselves.

They also admited that they resorted to this because they were having a bad day and this clouded their judgement.

They also admitted that they never should have refused the return or try to deduct a handling fee.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

The high road....often discussed, rarely taken.
Old 05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

NM been brought up to speed by a 3rd party..
Old 05-09-2007, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default BTW I bought my RS4 PP and OFE SB clutch from those guys...

...no problems with that transaction.
Old 05-09-2007, 03:23 PM

For what it's worth, the Internet Wayback Machine supports Paul's account.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Cargasm2.7: I will usually take the high road when its appropriate to do so....

and have done so on occasions too numerous to count. I'e taken high ground on behalf of many vendors I've bought from, people I've encountered and even for AoA when its deserved.

But when an supplier and advertiser of the board does something as dishonorable and probably as dishonest as they did, then the truth must be told for the good of the 'community'. Keep in mind, that through Amex, I would have my payment returned. So my posts from day 1 were not about money, but about vendor and his style of business.

These guys had the opportunity to make it right with my first phone call and e-mail. Instead they chose not to. If they simply said: "Oops, Ecode did make a mistake, we will look into it and get back to you..." Then nothing wrong would have been done and nothing would have been told. In fact it would have been likely that they would have been given accolades for turning a negative into a positive via good customer service.

Instead, they...(more than one) chose to refute, refuse and rebuff any and all polite requests. So much so, that while on the phone with me the owner changed his website in the hopes of making me wrong.

Fortunatly this Web community on Audi World came to my aid and helped me prove a point, via cached pages on Google. A point that NEVER should have gotten as far as it did. But again that was a choice the vendor made and admited they made.

The admition was only made in the hope AND REQUEST of removing all of the afformationed posts and web conversations. I said appropriate follow up would ensue, but I would not remove the posts that had already been relagated to page 20+.

So even with this there is a high road to take, unfortuantly the vendor chose not to take it.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Euro Code Tuning (brake fiasco) Saga Continued