Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Fault code 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Implausible Signal

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2016, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fault code 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Implausible Signal

Today from nowhere the ESP and ABS light went on. (the level control had also turned on)

I have read about the ABS module repair kit and brake light switch but i have some measaures that may help before going in to something.

I did a reading of brake pressure and i get the reading of 0.00-0.50 up and down. When pressing brake pedal it goes up depending on how hard i push, but up to 57 bars something.

When pressing the brake pedal, first the lock for changing gear opens then after a little more pushing on pedal the brake light goes on.

I have not had this problem before but had problems with the ABS sensor front left, this has been changed and no fault codes. Also master cylinder has been replaced, new brake pedal has also been changed.

I have also been working with the level controls and i saw this codes today
01577 - Turn of due to over temp 35-10
01400 - Suspension level control 35-10
01772 - Signal from preassure sensor (G291) 27-00

Could this be related? A vacuum hose?

Some other problems that may be related that has come recently,
* Front brakes is lying on i little bit
* Steering wheel sound little whining when turning
* Brake fluid had been overfilled
* The car vibrates on 100km/h
* Compressor for levelling works to much
* Outer CV joint bad

Could the brake pressure sensor be battery related?

Last edited by Abcaudi; 09-06-2016 at 04:52 PM.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

From Ross Tech Wiki:

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Implausible Signal

Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active

Possible Causes
Brake Pedal Switch (F) faulty/jammed
Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check/Replace Brake Pedal Switch (F) See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Check Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Check/Replace Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) and/or ABS Hydraulic Unit (N55)

Special Notes
When found in Bosch ESP Brake Systems: The Bosh 5.x ABS modules drop communication at road speeds which makes it difficult, if not impossible, to log live measuring block data. If the Brake Light Switch is suspected as faulty and causing a G201 fault: Try logging the Engine or Transmission for brake light switching.
Drive with the Cruise Control on and see if the system works as per design. If the CCS will not operate or the CCS does not shut off when the brakes are applied the Brake Light Switch may be faulty.

As for the other issues:
The three suspension codes and your pump running too much, are most likely all related to a worn piston ring on the compressor. Look into Bagpiping Andy's rebuild kit.

The whining steering could be a steering pump going bad, or maybe just needs a flush and refill with the correct fluid.

The car vibration and cv joint could be related, or you just need a rebalance on tires.

Can you rephrase this: "* Front brakes is lying on i little bit"
Old 09-07-2016, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MrKid
From Ross Tech Wiki:

01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Implausible Signal

Possible Symptoms
Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) active

Possible Causes
Brake Pedal Switch (F) faulty/jammed
Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check/Replace Brake Pedal Switch (F) See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Check Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201) See Measuring Value Blocks (MVB)

Check/Replace Brake Electronics Control Module (J104) and/or ABS Hydraulic Unit (N55)

Special Notes
When found in Bosch ESP Brake Systems: The Bosh 5.x ABS modules drop communication at road speeds which makes it difficult, if not impossible, to log live measuring block data. If the Brake Light Switch is suspected as faulty and causing a G201 fault: Try logging the Engine or Transmission for brake light switching.
Drive with the Cruise Control on and see if the system works as per design. If the CCS will not operate or the CCS does not shut off when the brakes are applied the Brake Light Switch may be faulty.

As for the other issues:
The three suspension codes and your pump running too much, are most likely all related to a worn piston ring on the compressor. Look into Bagpiping Andy's rebuild kit.

The whining steering could be a steering pump going bad, or maybe just needs a flush and refill with the correct fluid.

The car vibration and cv joint could be related, or you just need a rebalance on tires.

Can you rephrase this: "* Front brakes is lying on i little bit"
I have seen the ross tech wiki, and i get no fault codes for brake light swith, but i will still replace it because it is cheap, and the brake pressure sensor shows 0.00-0.50 bars without pressing the pedal, but when pressing it gives me about 50bars, and those who had fault with the brake pressure sensor is saying 100bars+ without pressing the pedal, so i am wondering if this mean my sensor is good or does it still need a expensive repair?

The compressor has already had the kit installed for 2-3 years ago, maybe it is time again, i think i have a small leak in rear right airbag so the compressor works more often.

Okey it could be the servo, the wheel feels little more heavy, and the fluid level was little more than MAX and it was black.

I will rebalance the wheels and also change the CV and see if the vibration goes away.

About the brakes i meant that the pads touches the disc without touching the pedal, not much but enough to slow down the car in idle. The fluid level was also to much, i am sure it wasnt so before.

None of this problems where there before so could the electronics be battery probem and the others from the car been parked a few weeks?

Only the CV had a bad boot before so beside the CV all is new problems.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Agree with changing the brake pedal switch. It seems the switches last about 10 years so while I am not advocating swapping parts to resolve a problem, if it hasn't been swapped before its probably due and its pretty quick and easy way to discount the switch before you start playing with the ABS. I have had to do about 4 on various VAG vehicles all in the 2002-2005 era.

The brake pad could just be the slide rails on the caliper. When I purchased my allroad a few years ago it was dragging one of the front left brake. The grease on the slides on the brake caliper had gone 'gummy' (technical term!). Anyway I stripped the caliper (you can buy a refresh kit pretty cheap), rebuilt it with correct grease for brake calipers and problem solved.

Outer CV not that big a problem either and probably the cause of the vibration too.

I would be doing something about the air bag leak, the compressors are really expensive to replace. If you have already done the bagpipingandy ring refit then you know how easy that is.

I recently replaced the steering fluid. I was lazy and just purchased 2 bottles and a syringe type syphon. I just sucked out the old from the reservoir, filled, turned the steering wheel about 10 times to pump the new in and old out, and just kept repeating the process until I was only removing clean fluid. (you can do it a better way by removing the return pipe into a catch can, block the return hole in the reservoir and then you would probably only use 3/4 a bottle, but the lazy way saved the hassle of disconnecting hoses (not much room) and used about 1.5 bottles.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:27 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by John535is
Agree with changing the brake pedal switch. It seems the switches last about 10 years so while I am not advocating swapping parts to resolve a problem, if it hasn't been swapped before its probably due and its pretty quick and easy way to discount the switch before you start playing with the ABS. I have had to do about 4 on various VAG vehicles all in the 2002-2005 era.

The brake pad could just be the slide rails on the caliper. When I purchased my allroad a few years ago it was dragging one of the front left brake. The grease on the slides on the brake caliper had gone 'gummy' (technical term!). Anyway I stripped the caliper (you can buy a refresh kit pretty cheap), rebuilt it with correct grease for brake calipers and problem solved.

Outer CV not that big a problem either and probably the cause of the vibration too.

I would be doing something about the air bag leak, the compressors are really expensive to replace. If you have already done the bagpipingandy ring refit then you know how easy that is.

I recently replaced the steering fluid. I was lazy and just purchased 2 bottles and a syringe type syphon. I just sucked out the old from the reservoir, filled, turned the steering wheel about 10 times to pump the new in and old out, and just kept repeating the process until I was only removing clean fluid. (you can do it a better way by removing the return pipe into a catch can, block the return hole in the reservoir and then you would probably only use 3/4 a bottle, but the lazy way saved the hassle of disconnecting hoses (not much room) and used about 1.5 bottles.
I saw a new green light switch, that should be more relible, i am going to test it. When i changed my master cylinder, i also changed my brake pedal but i forgot to take a note on where the brake pedal had it position, could this be the issue even though the car had run many KM before the error light came on?

I see, i will start by lube the slides beofre changing anything.

The CV are they the same as A6 or has allroad diffrent CV?

Actually i never did the compressor kit thing, it was the previous owner, but sure i could aso give it a try. The rear bag need a replacement, but it feels not worth it yet, because the lights and problems seem to come all the time.

I will do the lazy fluid change, it seems worth the time saving, but could this help the steering pump noise or is the replacement also nessecary?
Old 06-02-2018, 01:38 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Solved?

Hi AbcAudi - did you solve your abs/eps problem?
If so how? I am experiencing the exact same thing...
thanks
Old 07-01-2018, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What is the coding for Sirius Traffic? I have XM Sirius but not sure I subscribe to the traffic portion, does that matter?
Old 09-04-2018, 10:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

I'm having this same problem in my 2005 4.2l, I have opted for changing out the ABS module, I will post my results. I have already changed the brake pedal light switch, but now it's throwing a code.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by RyNoQuattro
I'm having this same problem in my 2005 4.2l, I have opted for changing out the ABS module, I will post my results. I have already changed the brake pedal light switch, but now it's throwing a code.
And?

By the way, I was reading results of a google search on G201 01435 and I came across a forum at https://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4101 where people were basically saying VW is fixing cars with this error for free. Is this true? Does that include AUDIs as well?
Old 01-30-2020, 11:43 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hi!
my question is that what incident do a break pressure sensor (01435) failure cause, if not fixed it on time?

best regards
ysahaq

Quick Reply: Fault code 01435 - Brake Pressure Sensor 1 (G201): Implausible Signal