Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Fellow clevelanders: do you prefer fred baker or sunshine audi for service?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2003, 07:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fellow clevelanders: do you prefer fred baker or sunshine audi for service?
Old 04-29-2003, 07:31 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Never been to **sunnyside** but Fred Baker has been great!!!

They will r@pe you out of warranty. During the warranty period they do a great job!! I recomend them. I have also heard good things about sunnyside but never had a reason not to go to Fred Baker.
Old 04-29-2003, 07:33 AM

sorry, meant to type sunnyside,LOL
Old 04-29-2003, 08:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default lol, its okay.....

You might want to post it in the midwest forum. Not many people from Cleveland on the allroad forum. It takes some time for answers to pile up on the midwest forum.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/midwest/">Midwest Forum</a></li></ul>
Old 04-29-2003, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Fellow clevelanders: do you prefer fred baker or sunshine audi for service?

As a newby who just took delivery of an 03 ar from Sunnyside and purchased an 00 A4, I highly recommend Sunnyside. Never had any experience with Fred Baker, but Sunnyside is wonderful.
Old 04-29-2003, 05:47 PM

Default Re: Fellow clevelanders: do you prefer fred baker or sunshine audi for service?

Fellow Clevelanders! Hey, good to see some Buckeyes on the forum. Fellow Clevelander (Brookpark), 01 Black (fastest of all colors) pretty much loaded. Now dislocated in Memphis.
Old 04-29-2003, 06:55 PM

Default I prefer Sunnyside. Sloppy repair experience at FB (long)

Sunnyside's sales and service are both great.

Have taken my 2001 allroad to Fred Baker twice for collision repair. Since FB has their own brand new body shop and probably a higher volume of Audi repairs than Sunnyside, I figured they would be better at collision repair. First time (got rear ended, $1800 damage) everything went well (of course took a long time). Second time (front left totaled, someone ran a stop sign and landed in front of me, $12,000 damage) they really did not live up to my expectations. First, when I got my car back after months of repairs, it's pulling to right. I notice this immediately, turns out the right side tires are severely underinflated. Once I get the tires inflated, car drives straight. Then I notice that it sits unevenly, front left higher and rear right lower than the other corners. Upon contacting FB service, I am told that "it is normal and within spec for adjustable suspensions". However, they are not able to tell me what the spec is. I know what it is (thanks to forum!) and insist on checking out the car. Turns out the suspension control module needs to be replaced. Once this is done, everything seems to be ok.

What irks me is that after $12K worth damage and months of repair work to body and front suspension, Fred Baker service does not bother to check:
- whether the car drives straight
- whether the car sits straight

To me, these are no brainers. This combined with the arrogant attitude of Fred Baker sales when I was shopping for my allroad leads me to vote with my feet and taking all my business (2 Audis) to Sunnyside.

Another option in Cleveland area would be Stoddard near Mentor. Had a good sales experience there, no service experience. Location less convenient for me.