Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Front Control Arm Questions... are there differences in model years?

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2007, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Control Arm Questions... are there differences in model years?

In the ever ending search to get rid of my vibration problem, I tried to replace my front control arms on my 03 2.7T. I bought a complete kit from Deutchparts only to find that the lower front & rear arms were different than oem. The lower fronts looked almost the same but I noticed the shock mounting hole & swaybar mount were placed a little different than oem. The ball joint taper fit of the lower rear had a diameter that was smaller than oem. Because of this it slid right through the spindle and just smashes the rubber boot on the ball joint when you tighten the nut. Of course I did not learn this until I wrecked the part.....

Deutchparts kept insisting that the parts they sent me were right. I am not a dunce by any means... everyone please take my word for it that the parts were different. I am affraid that I will run into this problem again if I try to order them from another discount joint and would rather ask some questions first.

Do different year Allroads have different suspension parts?

The parts I bought from Deutchparts were listed for an A6... I asked them if they would fit an Allroad and they swore up and down that they were the same and sold me the parts... Is it possible that they were wrong in this matter?

Any recommendations on where to buy individual parts or an entire kit?
Old 05-07-2007, 06:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default It seems that allroad and A6 have different suspension parts. Please check the PDF file of parts

list in our FAQ site, parts 23 &amp; 26 in page 87.<ul><li><a href="http://allroadfaq.com/downloads/reference/A6C5PartsList.pdf">http://allroadfaq.com/downloads/reference/A6C5PartsList.pdf</a</li></ul>
Old 05-07-2007, 07:05 PM

Default Nope they are wrong consult the link want supplied.

Currently no one sells an allroad kit, and as pathetic as it seems, 6 years later, most parts places still don't have a clue about the allroad.
Old 05-08-2007, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

uppers are the same as a6 lowers are different