Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Got HSports in shopping purems.com shopping cart about to click, A few final Q's

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got HSports in shopping purems.com shopping cart about to click, A few final Q's

Hi,
My ride is at 34600, about to go for the 35k service. Was thinking of getting these and have them install em while having that work done (specifically gonna try it at <1st time>Anchor Audi in LI, they seem to do tuning too)
Before I pull the trigger just want to know a few things
- Has anyone had a claim denied/had to pay out of pocket cuz dealer saw hsports?
- Are there only 1 model of hsports? (my research tells me there are settings, but i gather that is where/how/what slots/hole u bolt them on?
- Do they come in colors?Best to get black to try and slip past violate warranty dealer 'hall monitors'?
- Do they ever come loose/require tightening? (i've read some horror stories of damage during install, improper install)
- Do they require any maintenance? (i saw zerk fittings listed on the specs, so I assume grease gun)
- Are they more likely to get caught on something underneath? (stick, road debris, carjacker) don't plan on doing any offroadin
- What should I pay for the install? (esp if my car is already on the lift/being worked on)
I saw $60 being mentioned
- Any other advice about hsports?

Thanks,

G
Old 10-10-2006, 04:22 AM

Default H-sport answers

Q: Has anyone had a claim denied/had to pay out of pocket cuz dealer saw hsports?
A: Zumbach Audi of NYC used my H-sport installation to avoid rectifying unrelated vibration problems.
Q: Are (sic) there only 1 model of hsports? (my research tells me there are settings, but i gather that is where/how/what slots/hole u bolt them on?
A: One model for allroads, two settings; Use "Hard."
Q: Do they come in colors?Best to get black to try and slip past violate warranty dealer 'hall monitors'?
A: Like the Model T: any color you want, as long as it is black. Your dealer will know; Anchor is said to be mod-friendly, especially if they do the install.
Q: Do they ever come loose/require tightening? (i've read some horror stories of damage during install, improper install)
A: Proper installation and regular inspection should prevent this. Others may have a different experience.
Qo they require any maintenance? (i saw zerk fittings listed on the specs, so I assume grease gun)
A: Dunno. Anyone else?
Q: Are they more likely to get caught on something underneath? (stick, road debris, carjacker) don't plan on doing any offroadin.
A. I dont think the profile is very different from the stock bar; just the diameter and stiffness.
Q: What should I pay for the install? (esp if my car is already on the lift/being worked on) I saw $60 being mentioned.
A: KMD in NJ charges $225; its a fairly lengthy install. I doubt that $60 would cover it in the NYC area.
Good luck, and enjoy!
Old 10-10-2006, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default They also came/come in blue.

But any tech would be blind not to notice them if he's looking at suspension - they are a LOT fatter.

My dealer hasn't ever mentioned them, and I've had extensive time in their shop trying to isolate vibration issues.

The install takes about 1.5-2 hours... $60 isn't gonna cut it unless it's your neighbor kid's 2 hours.
Old 10-10-2006, 05:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Dealers know...

Both Anchor and Riverside noticed my H Sports and wouldn't do a thing, even to lube them.
Mine are black - They are different in diameter, so anyone underneath would notice they weren't stock.
But I wouldn't go back. They make the car so much safer!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In theory...

The H-sports could negate a warranty claim for any streering related issue: Control arms, shocks, links, etc.

HOWEVER, I've had them since 10K miles and Anchor never once questioned them and have done a great deal of warranty related work. Including my 1 time alignment.

My gas station installed them and it cost about 120.00, based on their $70.00 labor rate.

KMD in NJ, Tyrole in Queens, Ed Dellz (Audi garage mechanic out of his home) in Brooklyn, V&S in Bayside, the list goes on. But about 200-250 is the norm.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:52 AM
Former Vendor

Default Answers

1) It's possible. Some dealers may see your H-Sports and deny any type of steering or suspension issues. Vibrations, clunks, etc may not be covered.

2) There's only 1 kit for the allroad, 22815.

3) They used to come in Blue and Black. Only black is available now, which is the 22815 kit.

4) It's possible if not properly installed. Loctite is included, and should be used per the installation instructions.

5) Yes, regular lubrication of the bushings is recommended to prevent squeaking.

6) Nope. They don't hang down any significant amount lower than the stock bars.

7) It's roughly an hour and a half to install. So figure around 2hr labor rate.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2006, 08:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default call around on install pricing

I find that the "quoted prices" here are not accurate. In many cases actual prices are much less expensive. 1.5 - 2 hours is correct for install, but there is some room for negotiation. In NYC arear I see labor rates from $70/ hour on up.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanks all, gonna wait to have my yet-to-be-chosen local dealer install, hope theyll turn blind eye

We may be moving to SF (from NYC), so I think it would be wise to pony up to the official audi dealer when I do other work.
So if there is ever a warranty issue related (allegedly) to this, at least they were the installer and hopefully will be kinder

BTW the car has 35k, do I mod and run the risk of loosing warranty coverage, tough one

Was thinking of hsports, and chip (haven't looked into chip yet) and snow wheels (will prob do that first)