Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Grand day at Infineon

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Grand day at Infineon

Still shaking and kind of sore. We got a chance for a condensed version of the new Audi Sportscar Experience at Infineon yesterday, which I believe is exclusive at this time to Infineon. Audi has built a beautiful facility next to the grandstand and partnered with Jim Russell (great instructors).

I was able to get roughly 8 laps or better each in the R8, RS4, and a few in the S5. We started with the standard warmup in the parking lot with cones in the RS4 and S5, then on to the track. A great format--you partner up with another participant and the instructor drives pilot car with walkie talkie communication narration. This is no slow-go around the track; they are pushing you hard...and even making fun of you and pushing you harder, right at the limits. If you can imagine pushing a R8 at over 120 mph down the back stretch. What heavenly music!

What can I say about the R8. I drove a stick model...and wow. So forgiving and really easy to drive fast around the track. And the S5 is SO impressive with the new chassis. Even the RS4 with its extra horsepower, I think the S5 is that much better in chassis that it would give the RS4 a run for the money around the track.

It was really hard to get back in the plastic car after driving the R8. While I'm not sure it is worth two of my plastic cars (with my budget), it definitely had me thinking what I could do to afford one...at MSRP and not the crazy asking prices.

I highly recommend the Audi Sportscar Experience. I'm so convinced after the condensed version (and the value) that I'm budgeting for a two-day class ASAP.

Moto-one--jealous as all get out!! What a great vehicle you get to enjoy!!

Check out the news coverage link below.<ul><li><a href="http://www.cbs13.com/video/?id=29994@kovr.dayport.com">News coverage</a></li></ul>
Old 02-06-2008, 08:00 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Audi Sportscar Experience URL

<ul><li><a href="http://www.audidrivingexperience.com/ASE/index.php?area=home">Totally worth it</a></li></ul>
Old 02-06-2008, 08:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's good to hear. I'm trying to get down their this Fall for a day or two session.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:43 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 2nd on the Skip Barber Instructors being excellent

I did the High Perfromance driving school 2 years ago and it was an incredible experience. Only problem is Limerock track is pretty short and I couldn't get the Carerra out of 4th gear. They really do know the limits of these cars and allow you to push them hard.