Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Have I mentioned lately the pure awesomeness that is "Top Gear"?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2008, 04:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have I mentioned lately the pure awesomeness that is "Top Gear"?

I haven't watched for a long time and started recording it and catching up a few weeks ago. Holy crap is it funny, brilliant, creative, beautifully shot and perfectly produced. It must cost a fortune to make each episode and it's worth every penny, whatever it is. For Pete's sake, they wadded up an $800K Koniggggseggeggeggggeggg and didn't even flinch. They turned regular cars into boats which (predictably and spectacularly) sank. They drove a Rolls Royce into a swimming pool at the pool's grand opening, then got out and walked away from the stunned onlookers. They race cars against things like cruise ships, rocket-powered kyaks, marathoners and guys jumping out of airplanes. They nonchalantly set camping trailers on fire cooking dinner. Gold, Jerry, <i>gold!</i>

Even my wife, who has 0 tolerance for and less interest in car shows, eagerly sits down to watch this one with me and giggles her head off. If you're not watching it, you're missing what may be the <i>best car guy show ever made</i> (hyperbole? I think not).

Watch it, you fool!

And yes, the American version really is going to suck. The reason it works is because of the British guys, not despite them.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:33 AM

Default You are only a few seasons behind :-) All TG torrents are listed here ->

It's even more fun when you watch the specials like their Africa trip or Japan or the North Pole in HD :-)<ul><li><a href="http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/">http://www.finalgear.com/shows/topgear/</a</li></ul>
Old 11-18-2008, 05:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default There were 6 bonus episodes this year!

In September I checked eztv to see if they had the first episode up yet and to my surprise they did a summer session this year! I just finished watching the 6th one over the weekend. Awesome episodes as usual. It's pure car **** I tell you!

Now there is also an Australian version. I downloaded two episodes but haven't seen them yet.

Cheers
Old 11-18-2008, 06:50 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: You are only a few seasons behind :-) All TG torrents are listed here ->

what do i need to watch them off this site?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default a bittorrent client to download, like utorrent (the best) or Azureus.

Then perhaps an updated codec pack (search for K-lite) for Media Player (or install VLC Player, which is seemingly able to play everything always).
Old 11-18-2008, 07:14 AM

Default Any kind of bit-torrent software; actually it is listed in form of a question and will get you to

download utorrent from mininova.org, just follow the instructions, it's simple.

Once you've installed the Torrent SW, modify the download directory on your PC and enjoy the show :-)
Old 11-18-2008, 07:29 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Re: Any kind of bit-torrent software;

i just downloaded transmission for my mac. grabbing season 2 as we speak
Old 11-18-2008, 08:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Bittorrent is a P2P software therefore I'd also advise a good firewall/virus scanner if you don't

already have them. Oh and if you are like me you'll probably need a new hard drive as well :-)
Old 11-18-2008, 08:41 AM

Default Good points here; if possible route the download to Unix box and control the port with the firewall.

same here, had to replace my sisters HDD once she captured the German DTM for me using a torrent :-)
Old 11-18-2008, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I watched most on you tube. You have to be fast before the BBC makes them remove it.

Quick Reply: Have I mentioned lately the pure awesomeness that is "Top Gear"?