Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Have you guys seen this over at VWVortex???

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2001, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you guys seen this over at VWVortex???

You better have a couple hours of free time before you start, because there are 10 pages of posts now, and once you start you'll be hooked! If you haven't seen it, it's a libel case brought by a dealership against a consumer who complained about service on the VW forum. Very interesting stuff to read...There are now posts of support from almost every auto enthusiast forum out there!!<ul><li><a href="http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=52126">VW Vortex</a></li></ul>
Old 11-20-2001, 03:37 PM

Default Incredible!!!! :(

What a mess. I hope none of us Audi owners EVER go through what that guy has gone through. This is something we as a group need to follow since it involves VWOA. Be sure to send him an acknowledgement of support as others in many other automobile enthusiasts have.

In the words of Don King: "Only in America."
Old 11-20-2001, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Have you guys seen this over at VWVortex???

I have purchased seven cars from this dealership (Jim Ellis) over the years and they have performed all service. I have nothing but good things to say on both the sales and service fronts. Most recently purchased an Allroad last week!
Old 11-20-2001, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Uber User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has Ellis posted anything explaining their point of view ? Snippet from clublexus.

My understanding is that there was a misunderstanding which resulted in the VW owner being upset. They posted something on the forum with the internal VW case number, inviting other people to intercede as a form of "revenge." He took away any motivation the dealer or VWoA had to resolve the issue nicely - it was OK for him to flame for poor service, but not invite others to make it harder for VWoA to solve the case AND get bad PR.

Check out these forum rules from the hallowed halls of refinement at clublexus.com.

"3. While we encourage lively debate and discussion, we will not tolerate personal attacks of any kind. Any person attacking another forum member will receive a warning and have their offense removed. Two more offenses and the offending member will have their posting priveledges on ClubLexus suspended for a period of two (2) weeks. After that two week period is over, the member will be placed on probation for a period of three (3) months in which any more offenses will cause their dismissal from ClubLexus.

If you have a problem with another member's comments in a posted thread, DO NOT respond with any further comments that will aggravate the situation. Members have two options of recourse....

A. Email the moderators of the forum in which the offensive comment is posted, directing them to the individual and thread in which the problem occurs.
B. Use the "Notify a Moderator" button on the bottom of the offensive post to accomplish the same thing.
C. Resolve the problem between both of you via email or Private Message (PM).

Reacting to a hostile post with more hostility puts YOU in jeopardy, and puts you at risk for action against your account.

If you have a complaint against one of the moderators or administrators handle this in private email not in the forum. Any threats or abusive treatment towards the moderators will result in immediate termination of your account.

5. Please do not post any profanity (harsh or mild) in the TOPIC/SUBJECT of your post. Also, any profanity that can not readily be heard on prime time network television will not be tolerated anywhere on the ClubLexus site."

etc, etc, etc;-)
Old 11-21-2001, 05:22 AM

Story was in the AJC and is on talk radio this a.m.!
Old 11-21-2001, 09:58 AM

Now Ellis is dropping the suit.
Old 11-21-2001, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Too little, too late! That thread has grown to 20 pages from 10 yesterday...
Old 11-23-2001, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Ellis never posted anything until they let it be known that they had dropped the suit...
Old 11-25-2001, 12:17 AM

Default Silvar - Told ya so!!

Hey there Silvar. Hope you're doing good.

I told you about my Jim Ellis Experience before buying from Nalley and thank God my sense about this dealership stopped me from buying from them.

Hope you don't suffer the same fate as this guy.
Old 11-25-2001, 10:39 AM

Default Re: Have you guys seen this over at VWVortex???

Well you're probably one of the lucky ones.

My experience with Jim Ellis was laughable. I was trying to buy a $45,000 car and they refused to do the simplest little things to make my buying easier. When I say simple I mean like actually having the car available for me to pick up at the time I requested, perhaps even delivering the car to my home at a time that I would actually be there.

I have bought at least 10 cars in the last 8 years or so. The majority of which are in the $60k - $120k range and I don't spend a lot of time during the process. If you have the car I want and the price is sensible we gotta deal. End of story. No silly buggers, no negotiating for hours, cash deal, see ya again if your nice to me (or do your job well).

When I went to Jim Ellis there were cars all over the place. They need a stop light just for their service department. There's Porsche's, Audi's, VW's, Mazda's, yadda, yadda, yadda, flying all over the place. Talk about a stressful experience.

I took a visit to Nalley Audi and they were great. I think Silvar didn't have a great experience with them but I gotta tell you that the salesman there (Stefan) is one of the best I've dealt with since I've been buying cars. He delivered the allroad personally to the house, he spent over 2 hours on his own time taking my wife through the controls, navigation, etc. to make sure she was comfortable.

To be fair though, I did tell my brother in law whose bought a few cars from JE and knows Jimmy pretty well about my experience and he couldn't believe it. He's had better experience but there again he goes directly to Jimmy when he buys a car. He was going to give Jimmy a call about it. I didn't think it was worth my time so I never bothered. I believe that JE's problem is
with their sales managers as they directly influence the sales people and the approach they take. JE wouldn't be in business for 40 years or so if they didn't do a few things right. The questions is though, with the current range of morons running the show, will they be here for another 40 years? If they keep on suing customers the answer to that one is pretty simple.

My final thought is that if you're in the market for a new Audi, check out Nalley before you hand over your cash. You may still buy from JE but at least you'll get to see what a more 'normal' dealership looks like and, if something does go wrong, you're less likely to get sued.