AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi allroad (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/)
-   -   Help deciding (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/help-deciding-2947126/)

chikmagnet 04-13-2018 02:36 PM

Help deciding

Hey all this is my first post on here, but I have been a lurker for a very long time.

I am looking to replace my current car which is a 2007 Outback XT. It now has 211k on it and is starting to have some issues like burning oil and small high mileage things. I am a huge fan of wagons and I was originally looking at an 2012 A4 Avant. The reason for that year was due to the last year of the avant. I later learned about the Allroad which obvilously is a lot more like my Outback with the exception that my outback has been lowered on stock Legacy GT suspension and is a 5spd!!!

So the 2013-2015 Allroad (due to price) has been my focus. Someone mentioned the Audi A7 is kinda a wagon but a lot more luxury. So I am now looking at a 2012-2014 A7 and 2013-2015 Allroad.

Can you please sell me on which one I should get ..... Pros and Cons etc

*btw this is cross posted, want all view points not just this body style.

** attached is a pic of my outback, it does sit about 2 inches higher on the current suspension over what the pic shows.

Thank You in advance

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.aud...f7ccb74140.jpg

chikmagnet 04-13-2018 02:44 PM

Mod please delete
posted in wrong forum

arU4ic 04-14-2018 05:02 PM

I don't agree, why is this the wrong forum?

I came from Subaru, and then to 2 different Allroads in 2002 and 2004 (The Allroad is still my favorite Audi of all 13 I've owned.)

1. Once you go german, you'll be trapped like the rest of us... IMO, its tough to go back to japanese.

2. The subaru is more reliable than the Audi, particularly the older allroads... don't get the A7 - you won't like the space.

3. If you go, I recommend the latest allroad gen - you'll love it - that 4 cyl 2.0 is an amazing engine and one of the most reliable german motors on the planet.

4. The refinement and handling are second to none in an Allroad.

Paranthetically, I am considering downsizing our Q7 to a new Allroad... I'll be posting that next. :)

chikmagnet 04-15-2018 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by arU4ic (Post 25138649)
I don't agree, why is this the wrong forum?

I came from Subaru, and then to 2 different Allroads in 2002 and 2004 (The Allroad is still my favorite Audi of all 13 I've owned.)

1. Once you go german, you'll be trapped like the rest of us... IMO, its tough to go back to japanese.

2. The subaru is more reliable than the Audi, particularly the older allroads... don't get the A7 - you won't like the space.

3. If you go, I recommend the latest allroad gen - you'll love it - that 4 cyl 2.0 is an amazing engine and one of the most reliable german motors on the planet.

4. The refinement and handling are second to none in an Allroad.

Paranthetically, I am considering downsizing our Q7 to a new Allroad... I'll be posting that next. :)

Thank you for the feedback I just meant that I posted this in the older allroad forum and not the new Allroad which is what I'm looking at a B8 or newer

mark canha 04-17-2018 07:54 AM

one more thing?

Originally Posted by chikmagnet (Post 25138806)
Thank you for the feedback I just meant that I posted this in the older allroad forum and not the new Allroad which is what I'm looking at a B8 or newer

So I agree strongly with all the points made about newer version of the allroad. I should make this a "data driven" comment and get the actual measurements, but going to a b8 allroad, is probably similar space to the subaru, but the c5 (read older version based on a6 platform) has more room. I have a 65 lbs dog---he revolted when I test drove the b8 allroad-----something about the slop of the back just does not work. To be transparent - the problem is that if you sign up for the 2001 - 2005, buckle up as its a cult car and only makes sense if you really want the space, weight, and complexity associated with it....... based on your comments I would not recommend going there

arU4ic 05-05-2018 07:30 PM

Did you make a decision?

chikmagnet 05-06-2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by arU4ic (Post 25148474)
Did you make a decision?

I have decided to go with an A7 Prestige, but I am keeping the Outback XT lol best of both world