Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

INDS warranty will not pay 2hrs of dealer labor...Is this common on ext warranties?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 07:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default INDS warranty will not pay 2hrs of dealer labor...Is this common on ext warranties?

getting rt CV boot, coolant sensor & coolant reservoir replaced under INDS warranty. Dealer also states that they hear the clicking noise coming from engine but INDS will not authorize to work to investigate further. Dealer said to wait until something breaks. Is this fairly common for warranty co to pay less than what dealer wants for labor?
Old 11-11-2008, 07:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes.. they should be negotiating directly with the dealer..

Even Geico MBI negotiates with my Indy. But my indy doesn't charge me the difference.

Its the same as an adjuster working with your body shop. Something you may want to stay out of.. let the two work it out.

Then read your contract.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Well dealer called and they want me to pay the 2hrs
Old 11-11-2008, 08:55 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default then you need to find out why the ins. co is saying the job can be done in less.

what are they using to state that its a 2 hour job instead of a 4 hour job.

I had this battle.. the insurance co used an hourly labor book. My tech state the book was wrong and here is why...

It is a bit of fighing and negotiation, but the carie does have to back it up. You have the option of chalanging it.. perhaps with another shop stating the repair hours.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Not all mechanics will agree to be paid directly by warranty...

That is their option. Need to get that agreed upon up front before taking your car there. If they don't agree, then take the car somewhere else. Maybe not what you want to hear, but that is the way to avoid the hassle later on. As Paul said, if the mechanic agrees up front, then they will negotiate directly with the warranty company and you don't need to get in the middle of it, only paying your deductible and nothing else.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I guess this is the price I pay to get dealer convience and loaner .....

instead of going to an indi shop and arrange rental and so on..... Well the car is done and I'm left with a balance of $450.00 after $100 ded, 2 hrs labor and oil/filter change.
Old 11-11-2008, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default FWIW, my dealer negotiates without my involvement, it must.....

come down to the people involved. Several times they have disagreed but settled, & made the needed repairs. Once, I paid for tranny fluid, they approved the gasket change but not fluid. I, like you, pay more for the convenience & loaner car.
Old 11-11-2008, 12:51 PM
Banned

Default Argh! Please call me or email me when something like this happens..see inside

Every now and again there is a discrepancy between the shop's book allowance and INDS's book. Usually they just haggle it out and you never hear about it.

But if the dealer, or INDS, are digging in their heels and you are looking at going into your pocket, please call me. I fix stuff like this and it's usually not a problem.

It is true that some dealers charge crazy high labor prices because they build in loaners, coffee bar, plasma tv's, and comfy leather chairs into their labor rate, and warranty companies do not want to pay for that stuff. But unless your shop was $130/hr and everyone else around was $100/hr, it might just be the usual book discrepancy, which is easily fixed.

If you already paid it, though, and INDS and the shop closed the claim, I am not sure I can do anything. Haggling is best done during the claim, not after.

Bruce
Old 11-12-2008, 06:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Bruce: Although I didnt buy a warranty from you, its great to see you actualy back your contract..

good job