Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

INDY in Northwest PA area???

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 07:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INDY in Northwest PA area???

CPO is running out and to be honest I don't even want to take my AR back to the Dealer they are ranked worst in the Audi line up and have screwed more things up then fix them. Had to use Audi rep 3 times in 5 month.

Looking for a good INDY shop in Western PA north of Pittsburgh. I am in Erie so willing to drive to make sure I can get someone who knows what they are doing on all the features of the AR and engine.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default You won't find one here.....

Inglestadt...

I live in Erie too. Sadly there isn't anyone I've found that works on these cars here. Maybe Johnson & Flick can do brakes, oil changes, & inspections, and Wolfgang near 12th & Pittsburgh Ave. might be ok to do some stuff. I've only had Johnson & Flick do inspections and tires. If they find anything during inspection since under warranty, I take the car to Cleveland.

Let's just call it "Red" Audi here. They are horrible. They carry no inventory, have the crappiest shop I've seen for a luxury car franchise, and treat customers with contempt.

I had my first Audi serviced through them and it was so bad I went to Cleveland to buy and service the others. Going out of town is a PITA if your car has problems.

Alot of people here go out of town. A salesman from Red flatly told me they would have a car pulled off a lift if it wasn't purchased through them for their other customers.

Fred Baker Audi is about 90 miles from here, and is very good. Maybe ECS Tuning in the southern burbs of Cleveland can do some stuff.

"Red" is so bad, I wonder how Audi hasn't yanked their dealership.

Sewickley north of Pittsburgh is a really long ride for service. Stoddard is about 60 miles away in Willoughby, OH and is another choice, but a dealer.

If your car is under warranty, I would give Fred Baker or Stoddard a call. Unfortuneatly, it seems we're in an area that we are dependant on dealers.

Good luck.
Old 10-19-2006, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: You won't find one here.....

hey thanks for the info, same deal. I have owned three Audis and all three I tried to buy from 'Red' but got no where so did buy one through Sewickley and the other two through Sunnyside in OH. My allroad I just picked up has given me more issues then all the rest combined.

I used Wolfgang for my BMW issues in the past but he is not too technical when it comes to the Audi lineup. Will let you know where I end up taking it. There is a market in the area for a luxury car INDY shop for all makes.
Old 10-19-2006, 11:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default absolutely...someone would make alot of bucks...

all of the dealers here suck. The Audi dealer is owned by the MB dealer, who also owns alot of other dealerships (I won't buy anything from them, went to Cleveland for my MB).

I heard there is some lady who owns an indy shop in Fairview that works on German cars, but I can't remember the place's name.

I can't imagine that anyone knows how to work on ARs around here since there are very, very few (like I can count how many I've seen on 1 hand since its debut).

Red should know at least about the engine since there are alot of 2.7 A6s running around, but the rest of the car, they'll probably think it is a Cadillac and get confused some more and put some Saab parts on.

You are probably stuck going out of town. Closest is Stoddard, next is Fast Freddy Baker, and Sunnyside like you know on the west side of Cleveland.

I know of no one south of Erie (definitely no one in Meadville) and doubt anyone in Ashtabula or Chataq. county knows anything about these cars.

Good luck!
Old 10-19-2006, 11:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default actually...www.nltuning.com

Next Level Performance & Custom Car Audio
305 Beaver Street
Greensburg , PA

While I have no idea who and how they are, they are an APR dealer and have some nice "candy" on their website.
Old 10-19-2006, 12:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default never knew about them, thanks.

not exactly next door, but if they do some brake mods, I'll check them out.
Old 10-19-2006, 02:30 PM

Default It is a long drive by far, but not as long as for me...but I'd

go see Sam (ex-PzKW Kommandant) in Philly if you have a really tough problem and you have taken it back a zillion times to your local folks (I'd be there in a minute, well maybe not quite a minute if I was as close as you guys are)
Old 10-20-2006, 05:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: absolutely...someone would make alot of bucks...

Oh you are going to love this. Drop the car off Wednesday night so they can work on it first thing Thursday so we can get it back for travel plans we have. Reminder: this is in the shop for the third time with them trying to figure out why I have hesitation under acceleration.

I left a specific note to call if it would not be done and left outside so we could make arrangements. The plan was I left for Pittsburgh at noon to be at a training seminar and then was going to stay the night and fly out to Toronto Friday morning at 6:45 am. My fiance was going to pick the car up from Roth's after she got out of work and drive down to meet me and head out the next day.

- They never called (left a detailed note and four numbers to get a hold of me)
- They never left the car out last night
- I had to drive all the home last night and spend $50 per ticket to change to a later departure today.
- Left several messages which I know woudln't do any good.
- Got a call from SW and they said the car was ready and explained the repair, like nothing was wrong.
- While keeping my cool I told them the car needed delivered to my residence 8:30. I am writing this as of 9:40 and the car has not shown yet and I go to her VM when I call????

Wait..... gets better, When she explained the hesitation they said they found the chip in my ECU was an aftermarket and if I knew about it. WOW. Remember I have had this car in 4 times for the same issue and they have replaced everyting under the sun. The car is CPO and bought from Lagan's out of NY. No one ever told me about an aftermarket chip and I find it odd for Lagan's to pass the CPO with this chip in it. Roth's said they would take a picture. I am really curious to the mfg. More curious if they fixed anything or of I have 2 new problems.

I think I am going to run an add in the Erie Times and surrounding newspapers soliciting a poll from Audi and/or all Euro makes. Do some market research and really consider pushing the buttons to make a high end repair shop local.

Thanks for listening (reading) guys. I am going to call again and then try to enjoy my weekend. If any of you are heading to WV for BD look for Captain Morgan going off the bridge that will be me. ((or floating in the Gauley on Sunday))
Old 10-20-2006, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default oh man, they blow hard.....

I've had similar crappy experiences. The clowns seem to have our little corner of the market. My advice is to go to Freddy Baker, they are much more helpful.

They are so inept it is criminal. Guys, we're talking the absolute bottom of the trash heap for sales and service.

My old C4 Avant was in their shop about every 2 weeks for the 7 months that I had it. I dumped about 5K into repairs.

I saw a fellow C5 A6 AWer's car being worked on in the parking lot with its dashboard gutted and the tech was working in a mud puddle.

Good luck man!
Old 10-20-2006, 08:57 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yikes, that's a 5-6hr. drive I think....

it's coming down to getting only a few vehicles around here (German) that have any type of service. There's a BMW/VW dealer that is not too much better than the Audi dealer. The closest decent Benz dealer is about 65 miles away too.

The GMC dealers get pretty good marks, and at least they can fix the cars.

Other than that, Cleveland is pretty much the closest area for German cars & service. Some Cleveland dealers have pick up and delivery service with a loaner. Lexus will do the same.

Quick Reply: INDY in Northwest PA area???