Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Intermittent Air Bag light

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2013, 06:47 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Air Bag light

Recently acquired a 2002 Audi Allroad 2.7L. Performed timing belt service as well as replaced the front bumper skin. The following day shortly after startup the air bag light illuminated for several minutes and then turned off. Each time the car is started the Air Bag light will come on a few seconds after start up, stay illuminated and then turn off. I had a bad experience with the airbag lights with a previous Audi (TT)--bad meaning $$$$$ since there are few options other than the dealer to "marry" a new module to the car. Is it possible that am airbag sensor in the front of the car was disturbed unknowlingly during the timing belt service? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated to avoid the dealer! Thank you-
Old 04-06-2013, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kimmer
Recently acquired a 2002 Audi Allroad 2.7L. Performed timing belt service as well as replaced the front bumper skin. The following day shortly after startup the air bag light illuminated for several minutes and then turned off. Each time the car is started the Air Bag light will come on a few seconds after start up, stay illuminated and then turn off. I had a bad experience with the airbag lights with a previous Audi (TT)--bad meaning $$$$$ since there are few options other than the dealer to "marry" a new module to the car. Is it possible that am airbag sensor in the front of the car was disturbed unknowlingly during the timing belt service? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated to avoid the dealer! Thank you-
Scan the car for codes.
Old 04-06-2013, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did and got a misfire on cylinder 5, that's it. I don't have a VAGCOM scanner, just OBD.