Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Introduction and Inquiry (2001 2.7t)

Search this Thread

Old 05-11-2019, 12:56 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Introduction and Inquiry (2001 2.7t)

Hey everyone; just bought a 2001 AR 2.7t automatic ='( with ~160K on it. Needs a ton of work, starting with a timing belt, however this will probably lead to other fixes/replacements (valve and chain tensioner seals, etc.). Found a bunch of great sites for parts while looking through the forum here before I even joined up, but one thing that was hard to find are the tools I'll need for the jerb. Blau has a set that one can rent for ~$70 with a ~$325 deposit, but I'm wondering if there are other/better options. Probably going to get the timing belt kit from FCP because it has the valve and chain tensioner seals included and for a pretty good price, but some of the ECS kits have the Cam Lock tool included... Any suggestions for this job would be appreciated, but specifically curious about decent places to find these tools other than the ones mentioned. Wish I could say I've done a timing belt on any car before, but I'm sure it'll be fine... Service position, couple bolts, a little SVT, and I'll be gold.

I also have a laundry list of parts that I need / will need, that I haven't exactly been able to find on any of the aforementioned sites, to also include audipartsprime. As a silly example, I can only find those back seat first aid kits on eBay; I'm sure some of them are ok, but I usually don't trust eBay in general (not to mention, I'd rather have a modern substitute than 20 medical tape that won't stick when it's needed). Same goes for the speedometer/cluster LCD screen...

Anyway, this form has a ton of information and informed, friendly members. Looking forward to sharing suggestions, stories, and pictures with you guys.

Cheers