AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi allroad (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/)
-   -   Just bought a 2004 Allroad... (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/just-bought-2004-allroad-2059894/)

MSallroad 04-20-2007 07:51 PM

Just bought a 2004 Allroad...

I am very excited. My car is being delivered from the east coast. The question I am struggling with is whether or not I should dish out 4K on an extended warranty. I have heard horror stories, like today for instance. I was told by a good friend that he ran into a guy with a 2002 Allroad yesterday. The guy loves his car but says that he has spent 20K on it already in repairs. Is this what I should expect, or should I save the 4K I would spend on a warranty for future fixes.

I should have my AR in no more than 7 days. I'll be sure to include pics when it arrives.

Thanks much!
M

paulroad 04-20-2007 07:53 PM

Congrads....how many miles are on it?

If you are still covered by the OEM warranty 4/50 then you can find a good plan for a lot less than $4k

MSallroad 04-20-2007 07:57 PM

Re: Congrads....how many miles are on it?

It has 40K. So yeah, I'm on warranty for another 10. I've only looked at 3 places as far as warranty goes. My credit union (too much), the dealer (better but in NH, I'm in CA) and finally my local Audi dealer (Easy Care - pretty expensive). I guess I have a while to make a decision, but I want to make the right one. What do you think?

Thanks!
M

paulroad 04-20-2007 08:02 PM

too much....

talk to mustbeaudi on this forum. he is our residetn extended service guru. He will show you wnat best and give you the most.

CA is a problem state...

MSallroad 04-20-2007 08:22 PM

Re: too much....

I'll be sure to find him on here. I greatly appreciate the help. I don't want my excitement to be trampled by the fear of an extended warranty. Mustbeaudi, you out there?

Thanks!
M

finiki 04-20-2007 08:23 PM

2nd. My '02 cost $2300 for B to B, 4yrs. 100m. $100 ded., in Sep.'06

Rally_nutcase_1982 04-20-2007 08:46 PM

Congratulations and enjoy your ride.....Repair bills are like a Mother in law; they show up when you

least expect them and are always full of surprises ;-)
So if there is a reasonable warranty available to cover some of these surprises - absolutely.

...and as Paulrad said, contact mustbeaudi for advise.

221Sean 04-20-2007 09:01 PM

congrats MSallroad! email me regarding CA ext warranty. Paulroad is right BTW (more)>>>

We have fewer options w/ warranty in CA.

Are you norcal or socal?
Regional boards can be a great help finding a "reasonable" deal on the warranty. You have time ... enjoy the ride.

~ Sean

arnick'02-6spd 04-20-2007 09:12 PM

I went CPO didn't even ask what the car would cost with out it...

It's paid off big time. I've had 15-20 K in repairs as well. = though to be honest much of that was covered under the original 4yr-50K. Which is something I just thought of. Damn. Oh wait - Air compressor and one air bag. and a couple of small things. getting close already.

Congratulations. The cars are awesome. But they need attention. 4 grand is too much, but I wouldn't recommend flying without one.

Good luck.

mustbeaudi 04-21-2007 04:24 AM

You'll be happy with the car, and happiest with protection in the long run. I get more

credit here than I deserve. CA stumps me, for the most part. Unless you have an address elsewhere, also. The car's registration is not an obstacle. Contract companies will pay for repair in CA, but they face tough hurdles just to sell their plans in CA and so many do not.
First, contact Sean. I can also send you information as a comparison basis, but it won't help you if sold to a CA address.

mustbeaudi AT yahoo DOT com