Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

LLTek LED DRL Headlights-Installed! Pics...

Old 11-11-2010, 09:26 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default don't hold your breath...

Originally Posted by ben0069
Yes I really like the drl's on the allroad, do you think there is any chance of lltek doing a PnP for the allroad with the self leveling headlights, or should I just not hold my breath.....
LLTek was really helpful at first, but I really needed the wiring diagram for the lights to figure out (a) how to get them to come on with the ignition and (b) how to eliminate the self-leveling error. I am seriously thinking of selling the lights and reinstalling my OEM lights at this point. I just like the look of the led drls, and have to say, sheepishly, I love how people are always looking at my car as I motor by. Still, it wouldn't be bad to more incognito again...
Old 11-12-2010, 12:22 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Believe it or not I found some in the uk, I had spoken to the people (2xcite)before and asked them if their led headlights fit the allroad and was told they didn't, but I didn't realise they were comparing the same year. After speaking to steve at LLtek he told me that the ones to fit the allroad are the pre facelift lights(1998/2001)with auto leveling.
So I ordered them, got them yesterday and fitted them today.
They fit exactly, bumper had to come off though but never mind, they look fantastic, I went for the black ones not the chrome. And then...... only a minor issue, I swopped the servo motor over no problem, but the connectors are different. The allroad has four blue wires numbered 1-4 but the connector on the new lights only has three. I don't think it will be much of a problem and if anyone can explain the wires I would be very grateful, I'll keep you posted...
Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I like the new look, nice work!

you now have the first S5/allroad
Old 11-13-2010, 12:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Believe it or not I found some in the uk, I had spoken to the people (2xcite)before and asked them if their led headlights fit the allroad and was told they didn't, but I didn't realise they were comparing the same year. After speaking to steve at LLtek he told me that the ones to fit the allroad are the pre facelift lights(1998/2001)with auto leveling.
They fit exactly, bumper had to come off though but never mind, they look fantastic, I went for the black ones not the chrome. And then...... only a minor issue, I swopped the servo motor over no problem, but the connectors are different. The allroad has four blue wires numbered 1-4 but the connector on the new lights only has three. I don't think it will be much of a problem and if anyone can explain the wires I would be very grateful, I'll keep you posted...
Hi!
Also found in eBay US similar to your item as below last month.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Immediately asked seller in US about compatibility, and answer was "No, this is for 97-01 only, not for 2002."
After that found different type as below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TM:MOTORS:1123

And then asked seller in Germany about compatibility, and answered "It fits not in A6 allroad." again.
After that found another type as below.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...TQ:MOTORS:1123

Then asked seller in US and answer was "Hi, sorry this item is not compatible with your vehicle. Thanks." again and again.

So that currently no idea to the LED headlights for me.
If you find the solution for wiring issue, will be esperance for all of us.
Sorry, this message is not fruitful technical answer or advise, but strongly would like to cheer for your courage and development far away from Japan.
My vehicle is also right handled.
Old 11-13-2010, 04:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

.I would choose M5 All Day Baby!! I like the Audi RS too, but definitely not a convertible. If its your first car, you will more than likely scratch it, scrape it, and bump into things too, but if you really are rich who cares, you can just get another one.
Old 02-24-2011, 02:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Black Finish Headlights

Apologies for reviving this relatively old thread, but it seemed to be most relevant. I need to replace headlights and after viewing all the threads here, decided on the following:

"DAYLINE headlights AUDI A6 4B 97-01 _drl-optic _ black" available from www.dectane.de at 289 Euro per set. (I think this is a very good price). Might order smoked rear lights at the same time.

Nevertheless, they have two versions (one for '97-'01 and the other for '01-'04) and I'm not sure which will fit my 2001 Allroad. (They are saying neither but I don't believe them, judging by the threads here)

Any ideas? BTW I see both have allowance for self leveling.
Old 02-24-2011, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by GetafiX
Apologies for reviving this relatively old thread, but it seemed to be most relevant. I need to replace headlights and after viewing all the threads here, decided on the following:

"DAYLINE headlights AUDI A6 4B 97-01 _drl-optic _ black" available from www.dectane.de at 289 Euro per set. (I think this is a very good price). Might order smoked rear lights at the same time.

Nevertheless, they have two versions (one for '97-'01 and the other for '01-'04) and I'm not sure which will fit my 2001 Allroad. (They are saying neither but I don't believe them, judging by the threads here)

Any ideas? BTW I see both have allowance for self leveling.
I keep looking at these too. The price is right. They are prepped for the level adjusters. However, mine is an '02 and I don't know if these will fit. I'm also concerned about wiring issues.

What is the "facelift" thing. Does that mean that the A6 was facelifted in '02 requiring different light units but the allroad did not get the facelift?

TIA for any help provided.
Old 02-28-2011, 02:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just be careful not to confuse self leveling with automatic leveling, the later is what the allroad comes equiped with.
ben( in my limited experience)
Old 03-23-2011, 07:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

ben, what was your outcome with the wiring...were you able to make the lights work??
Old 03-28-2011, 02:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Afraid I had to send them back, they were not compatible with the auto leveling suspension. Unless they bring out lights that are the only way around it is to convert the suspension to coilovers, but then you may aswell just have an A6
cheers
ben

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: LLTek LED DRL Headlights-Installed! Pics...