Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

LULU update....

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2004, 10:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default LULU update....

Start the sob story music.....

The afternoon started with Enterprise calling me at home to arrange for payment of my loaner..they spoke to my wife.... Naturally my wife called me..I Said point blank..No honey.. I am not paying for the loaner (since July with 2 weeks off in August.)

I spoke to Enterprise and told them to talk to my service writter at the dealer to arrange for payment and billing, Enterprise said fine.

I called the dealer and spoke to my writter and he said 'no problem', he spoke to Enterprise and adivsed them that its their bill. The writter also remined me tht I am obligated for the first week or so due to the extenuating circumstances behind the ECU.. which I did agree to..max 2 weeks.. The writter also adivsed that it would help matters if I could bring the car back.... I said if needed I can use the spare Jetta we have. He said it would help, but it was not truly needed.

He also informed me that he will, upon completion, give me the Audi Lease/Financial # so I can work out getting some of my lease payments waived due to the length of time the car has been in the dealer, Audi does this at times...

As far as moving ahead. The ECU work order and replacment has been completed and closed. They intend to open the new work order for the chargers and clutch Friday or Monday. The parts are all in....

My wife... thinks I'm being too good volunterring to bring back the loaner and use our spare Jetta, she also thinks it removes any urgency from the dealership if they don't have the loaner out. She is right... more to ponder.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I just don't understand one thing......

Why the heck is this taking sooooo long for the dealer to fix LULU? By that time we would have build a new ar from spare parts...and put a few thousand miles on it. I really envy you for your patience....
And you should get more then just a couple of payments of your lease, actually, no more payments at all because you haven't gone postal over this issue.

I remember that Enterprise called me after two weeks to exchange the loaner, don't ask me why, there was no reasonable explanation.

And Paul, they are going to install a new ECU tomorrow in my car...we'll see how that goes.
Just by looking at your LULU posts I have nightmares already.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

warranty? your ecu?
Old 10-21-2004, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

YGM
Old 10-21-2004, 05:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ext. warranty? Not anymore...80k miles and no extended warranty.

I was waiting for the Audi issued ext. Warranty but by the time it became available I had already about 64K miles on it. So Audi paid 75% on my Turbo replacement (65K) and that was greatly appreciated.
So for now I just have to deal with it and negotiate the best deal + loyalty %. For the most part it works out fine.