Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

To mud flaps or not to mud flaps....also any nice person know how much they cost in £

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2002, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default To mud flaps or not to mud flaps....also any nice person know how much they cost in £

the weather in the uk at the min is crap, and i definetly need some mud flaps......i know this aint breaking the bank, but i need to know the cost.....would you recommend the ones made by audi, or would other alternative makes suffice, also how hard is it to install these damn things, and from a personal viewpoint has anyone really found them as effective as they expected them to be....you know deterring big scoops of mud from splashing onto the side of your car.....
TA VERY MUCH
DON....
Old 01-27-2002, 04:58 PM
HPH
AudiWorld Super User

Default Highly recommended...

...they work as advertised. My car's a lot cleaner now. And get the allroad ones -- they're designed to fit very well in with what's there already (including existing screws) and seal up. HPH
Old 01-27-2002, 06:17 PM
mpm

I believe $80 US
Old 01-27-2002, 07:43 PM

Default I think it was $80 per pair - front & back. They were worth it for me. Before installing flaps

snow/slush/mud/road grime can up above door onto windows. Big globey stuff. With the flaps it usually only comes about half way up door now. But it also depends on what setting the suspension is at. At lower settings they seem to work better. Most of the crap on the doors is lighter/finer. At higher setting, the bigger, chucky stuff seems to come up higher. The bottom of the doors and the chrome rails still seem to get beat up.

They are fairly new. I couldn't find anyone else who had them when I was looking. Maybe Clair.

They seem pretty easy to install, but I had the dealer do it. They arrived when the dealer was trying to fix other problems with the car.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:13 AM
adk
AudiWorld Member

Default I second the endorsements

The Audi "splashguards" do a great job ... no more roostertails of road grime, muddy water, slush mixed with sand/salt, etc. up the sides of the doors. Seems like the door sills are less caked up as well (ever look at the back of your trouser leg after getting out?). Not the cheapest at $80 a pair but well-integrated and highly effective, so worth it to me.

Now if only everyone else could be required to have rear-wheel mudflaps ... it's amazing how far back some vehicles can throw up road spray onto my (formerly) clean windshield.