Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Nav snafu

Old 01-15-2003, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nav snafu

OK so I took delivery of my new ar 10 days ago. Everything perfect. The Nav system read "CD-ROM read error" anytime I tried to use it. Today Audi came to the parking lot at work, picked up the car, called me at noon and told me the discs I was given are not compatible with my system and the propper ones are being ordered. Car was washed, vacuumed and returned to my lot at 4:30 pm. I drove it home and everything still works. (except Nav) My response: I'm impressed with the service, but pissed that they delivered the car without actually checking that the Nav system worked. ANyone else had similar Nav experience?
Old 01-15-2003, 08:37 PM

Get over it. It happens. Anything "new" is not without a minor glitch. You're lucky.
Old 01-15-2003, 10:52 PM

Default Re: Nav snafu

Where the hell are you that you got that kind of service? Shangri La?
Old 01-15-2003, 11:50 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default yes stuff happens but you should expect to get what you pay for.........

"Get over it" is not fair. Audi supplied the car with something that did not work. Audi still charged for that. Good on the dealer for it's customer service but if we all had your attitude we'd be paying for steak and eating birdy num nums with a smile on our faces.....
Old 01-16-2003, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default allrightythen

yeah, yeah... I should get over it. I should make a stink. I should whatever. The dealership is Zumbach in NYC. Its funny this is the same dealership where I have purchased my 3 previous cars -- all Saabs, mind you -- this is the first time they came and got my car and washed/vacuumed it. I think they do treat me extra nice (the manager drives the saab I traded in two cars ago) but also I think Audi service is more customer oriented. I'm over it... I think
Old 01-16-2003, 07:40 AM

Default I agree that testing the Nav. and CD operation should have been part of pre-delivery prep.

My car was delivered with a dent in the door, low fluids, and the incorrect radio code. It seems dealers are Audi's weakness, but I guess that's a problem with every brand.
Old 01-16-2003, 09:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A dent! You're very forgiving if you let them get away with that.
Old 01-16-2003, 02:07 PM

Default Agreed....

You imply I meant for (myroad) to live with it - not at all true. But he said he's "pissed" - I say get over it! There are worse things that could have happend to his car AND whatever happens, it will be fixed or replaced.

As I've said in many post & years ago...

Things that go wrong upon delivery are typically "unforseen". To get angry or belittle a dealer, car company, etc. is also a bit dramatic.

Also, I dissagree on getting what you pay for. Just because you pay $40, $50, $60 or $100K for car doesn't mean it's immune from problems. In fact I would be willing to bet that the oposite is true - the more "technically" advanced a car is the greater the risk of one problem or another. This board is testimate to that...
Old 01-16-2003, 02:09 PM

Default You have a great attitude...

... It's all about how a probelm is addressed, not the problem. 8-)
Old 01-16-2003, 05:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default I'm totally diggin' my car...

when I park it and walk away from it, I always turn back and check it out. Its weird and wonderful...Nav or not!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Nav snafu