Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Need Help with NAV System NY area...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2004, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help with NAV System NY area...

I have 2001 ar with NAV but i can't search by HOUSE No.
I already try from town to street but HOUSE No function still not working why ????

MY Nav - disk 6/01 C-NAV
Old 03-22-2004, 08:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Let me know which city and street. I will be glad to check mine.

I have the 7/02 CD set; NAVTech advises new CD set will be released summer '04.
Old 03-23-2004, 05:22 AM

Default Re: Let me know which city and street. I will be glad to check mine.

So far everything i try is not leting me use the search by house No. Try 88-36 77th Ave glendale ny. By the way is your travel guide working? Which version is your disk C or D.
Thanks for helping
Old 03-23-2004, 10:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Should be C-Navi. Here's House # proceedure.

can you shed any light on what proceedure you are following? 'Is not working' is preciously uninformative....

Also, for a 2001, you need to have C-Navi... can you confirm you have the right Nav version disk loaded? The system seems to be workling at some level, so I will assume that the disk you have is C-Navi, and is fully compatible with your Nav system

Just in case you're doing it incorrectly, here's a short form on the process you should be following:

1. From main Nav menu, rotate **** to 'Selection' and push button.

2. Rotate **** to 'Town' and push button.

Your system will guess which town you are in using Satellite info and will display in revers (black letters on red background). If the guess is correct, press and hold button for 2 seconds. If it is not correct, start spelling the name of the town you want information for. Turn **** to 'enter arrow' when the appropriate town is shown.

3. Rotate **** to 'Street' and push button.

Your system will display the street guide for the town you have selected. Start spelling the name of the street you want information for. Turn **** to 'enter arrow' when the appropriate street is shown.

4. Rotate **** to "House number" and press button.

Select from a range of numbers provided. (You cannot enter a specific number directly, you have to select a range that the house number falls within).

Your system will then know your destination adn will start plotting a route as given by the parameters you have plugged in (probably 'fastest')

Please note: if you are trying to access information for a street that is not in the database, or if the street information that is on your current CD does not match up with recent construction, you'll have issues.

The biggest thing to remember about House Number searches is that the information has to be entered backwards, starting from largest picture (town) to smallest (street address). This goes against how we write addresses normally.

I can't see how the system would be working properly and NOT be able to do this particular function.

HTH.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:05 PM

Default Re: Should be C-Navi. Here's House # proceedure.

i gonna take some photos then make sure i didn't miss anything
Old 03-23-2004, 02:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default I checked out Glendale and found ....

that there is one Glendale, NY on disk #6 and 2 on disk #7; select the county for your Glendale. I tested them all and found that none have the numbered streets such as "77th" listed so you are out of luck. I read one of the next posts here regarding entering digits directly and should point out that on my '03 with "D" Release 7/02 discs I can either enter the digits directly or select the range such as 1000-1098. Another way to enter the destination when you do not have the street listed is to enter the latitude and longitude which you can get from Microsoft Streets and Trips. You can also enter the nearest intersection of two streets that may be near 7th Street. The new disks will be released this summer per NavTech tech support email to me. Hope this helps. Happy navigating !!
Old 03-23-2004, 03:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default 88-36 77th Ave.

I'm not sure how to read '88-36' (color me a dumb midwestern redneck), but you might consider <a href="http://maps.yahoo.com/maps_result?csz=Glendale%2C+NY+11385-7826&state=NY&uzip=11385&ds=n&name=&desc=&ed=QA6bw up_0Tq2c.G6bJncvfGK2iUI91RScnvQ2.yUVAjSnUHXkW0hbx7 rI0ZCyV82aegiNNnYKtp1fZZJingWV24T96lSYgCIbg7RbA--&zoomin=yes&BFKey=&resize=s&mag=9">what Yahoo comes up with</a> for the address as given... Looks like a spur that the disk database might not have. Might try and see if you can find anything close by...

(shrug)