Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

New allroad project!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2017, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New allroad project!

I'm new to the forums! My mentor and myself in my orthopaedic surgery sports medicine fellowship are about to start work on his 2005 Allroad 2.7t Tip with 162K to try and build a true German muscle wagon that will go to me at the end of my time here. I've got a decent bit of experience doing work on cars I've had in the past and our current plan is a 01E swap, Turbo, fuel, and increased airflow modifications with commensurate tuning. I'm planning on removing the drivetrain to do the work as it seems like it would provide easier access for the whole procedure. Also going to reinstall the air suspension, probably with Arnott new parts for whatever needs replacing (as he switched it to coils in the past), maybe this is dumb, but I really love that these cars can adjust the ride height on the fly.

Anyhow, my question for the brain trust is what else should I be replacing while the engine/trans are out of the car to be able to get many more miles out of this potential beast?

Thanks!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Timing set, all gaskets and seals
Old 11-19-2017, 01:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do a search on 600HP allroad on this site, there's a couple of fantastic write ups of members who have ventured down the dark side that should guide your path.

You are going to need to look at a brake upgrade as well. The standard brakes on the these 2.7TT models barely pull it up, the good news is you're not the first, search for big brake upgrades on this site.

Keep a record and update us on the progress.
Old 11-26-2017, 06:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Well the parts process beings. Ordered the RS6-RS turbo kit and clutch and flywheel kit from JHMotorports Black Friday sale. A ton of questions about transmission swaps emailed to AdvancedAutomotion and audis4parts and awaiting responses. I'll add those questions here, I've done some forum searching, but I haven't been able to find the info I'm looking for:

1. Cost/difficulty finding all the parts between 01E and 0A3
2. Is it necessary/useful to spend the extra money on the JHM 1-2 upgrades?
3. I'm unclear on which axles I need (05 Allroad 2.7T with stock air suspension). audis4parts leads me to believe I can use what I've got, but advancedautomotion leads me to believe I need more expensive TDI axles. Anyone used raxels.com axels? I've used them in the past on an DSM project I had many years ago.
4. I've done lots of work on cars and my job requires good manual dexterity (surgeon), but never a transmission rebuild, was thinking of trying to tackle that myself. Seems like a fun challenge. Good idea/Bad idea?
5. Is the 4:1 diff worth it?
6. I'm a little unclear on the intake piping that needs to be upgraded.
7. Is it worth buying one of the supporting mods kits form JHM or solomotorsports (Injectors, intake, fuel pump, ECU tuning) or doing these piecemeal?
8. Diverter valves: To upgrade or wait until they fail?

Thanks for the input! It's much appreciated!
Old 11-26-2017, 06:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

head over here quattroworld.com Forums: allroad
guys there that can do what you want to do in their sleep