Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debadged

First mod.. free

Debadged
Old 10-05-2011, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Did you snag your 6-sp from MG Motors in RI? There was a Green 6-sp on Craigslist for a month or so that looks like yours, in RI. I called a while ago, but the sales dude didn't have any real info on it.

Green/green is the BEST color combo, I'd give my left nut to have that color, but I also lucked out and got a 6-sp for a song in the silver color. Oh, well.

Good luck! Nice car!
Old 10-05-2011, 10:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by brider
Did you snag your 6-sp from MG Motors in RI? There was a Green 6-sp on Craigslist for a month or so that looks like yours, in RI. I called a while ago, but the sales dude didn't have any real info on it.

Green/green is the BEST color combo, I'd give my left nut to have that color, but I also lucked out and got a 6-sp for a song in the silver color. Oh, well.

Good luck! Nice car!
Ahah funny you know that.. You're correct. This is the car that was for sale at MG Motors. I live 5 mins down the street from them and just so happen to drive by and see it get prepped to put on their lot. Obviously I called dibs, put a deposit on it, and bought it before it even really sat on their lot. I got luck on it. There's not much service history, but everything checks out very clean and I sent a letter to the previous owner asking if they would be kind enough to give me a little history on it. Hopefully they reply.
Old 10-06-2011, 04:28 AM
AudiWorld Member

If it's in that nice of shape, I think you can assume that the PO did all the required maintenance.

So you had a deposit on the car even as I stared at the ad every day?

Still, I wonder why, if a dealer KNOWS that it's a one-owner, or trade-in locally, etc, WHY they never have any service history? I would assume that a PO that has a stack of dealer reciepts would put tht stuff in the car as part of the trade-in. Maybe they do, maybe they don't.

I was the first guy to call on my '02 6-sp, so I got dibs on it. The owner said there were tons of calls after me, so if I even sneezed, he was going to offer it to the next guy. I ended up paying $200 more than his asking, because the guys behind me were offering more. The GOOD thing was that the owner had 120k miles worth of reciepts, including new cats, clutch, front airbags,, timing belt, etc...

Still like your green color better.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Yea he did ALOT of the maintenance actually. I found the factory service record book and had alot of the details in there, but there are some questions still I had to ask them. Overall though, the car really is mint. No sign of kids in the back seat, nothing ever really hauled in the cargo area, the soft-touch pieces are still in mint condition.

You stared at the car ad everyday, I DROVE by the dealer everyday hoping that I'd get to it in time and fortunately I did ahahah.

Originally Posted by brider
If it's in that nice of shape, I think you can assume that the PO did all the required maintenance.

So you had a deposit on the car even as I stared at the ad every day?

Old 10-07-2011, 07:55 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by callaghan.
my 4.2...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm really interested in your LED DRL's what , where, and how??
Old 10-07-2011, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

X2! they look sweet
Old 10-07-2011, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah the rear crossbar was pulled back. I was caring some masonite and it was wobbling pretty badly so I pulled the rear crossbar back. I never had a chance to put it back to the proper location...and recently I took them off since I'm not planning any Home Depot trips anytime soon.
To allroad55: those wheels are 18 inch Ronal. They came with the car...
Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Allroad

hey guys i am new here and new to the Audi experiment and im loving my 01 Audi Allroad
Old 10-11-2011, 12:34 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jholhen1
here's my share..... 2001 audi allroad
Attachment 19861
Are these Rial Flair Wheels? 17"s?

Quick Reply: Official allroad Photo Thread