Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

OK, latest update on my K04 upgrade. It is long and you are not going to believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2003, 08:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OK, latest update on my K04 upgrade. It is long and you are not going to believe this.

First some background for those that have not been following. A month ago, my ar went in for a brake upgrade where it was noticed that anti-freeze was all over the engine compartment. Need new turbos. Got a set of K04's, some doritos, and hyperboosts. 3 weeks ago this Monday, car into the dealer for warranty inspector, who shows up 3 days late to take pics. The warranty company sits on the approval for another week before approving. Dealer could not get me in till mid this week for the install.

Now to bring everyone up to date. Called the dealer on Tues to check on progress. Found out that the dealer managed to work me in Mon afternoon and that the trans was out and install is in progress. Go out there that afternoon to take some pics and find the install is complete. So no pics (sorry). I'm informed of another problem, while my ar is up on the rack, someone opened the door of the car next to mine putting a very noticable dent in my driver door. I am starting to get hot under the collar. Service rep (who manages the audi repairman) and I venture into the parking lot to inspect the damage. My ar in NOT THERE. So he runs around trying to track down where it is. Seems the repairman who did the install took it home with him -- excuse: to ensure nothing leaks after this major surgery by driving it a little bit to get it hot and then let it cool down. I am now in shock and speechless. Needless to say he was informed that this was totally unacceptable. The door repair will be done at dealer expense of course. They are going to try a paintless repair. Still to be done is an alignment and the vacuum pump which will be done on Wed (today)

Today, my ar is back at the dealership and after a lengthy phone call venting my, shall we say, displeasure over the situation, I am informed that another problem has reared its ugly head. A part in the steering rack is making excessive noise and needs replacement -- may have been going bad (think it was damaged when everything was put back together). This is also being done under warranty and the part must be ordered and should be installed tomorrow. I go out there after work and am informed the paintless repair did not work. They are going to have to repair and repaint. The dent was roughly the size of a silver dollar and noticable. So now I am looking at getting my ar back on Monday at the earliest. I am also given interesting info on the warranty company(click on link to see this, you'll love it).

Some good news. After the dust is settled, I will be out of pocket ~$600 (not including the parts that I purchased)for the install and will have to get reimbursed ~$900 from the warranty company for the turbo that they did not purchase. Once I receive this check, it will be $0 for the install and ~$300 in my pocket to put towards the K04's I paid for.

Was it worth it????? I will let you know once my baby is back home.<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/46472.phtml">Link to my post to Treerun</a></li></ul>
Old 04-30-2003, 10:08 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default So basically someone stole your car.

That is what they bascically did and if you wanted to be really hard nosed, I bet you could have them eat much more!

However I'm happy that things are getting done for you and that the labor is basically paid for! Very nice!

Please keep us posted but the dent, well it happens and they were up front about it.. Verify that tha paint matches perfectly, if not have them paint the entire car, with a warranty for the paint work.

About they taking your car home, how many miles added to your car since dropping it off, that should tell you some things, joy riding, or just to his house and back, either way it's theft.. You may well be dealing with this correctly at this time, until you have your car back in your hands..

Again keep us posted

Tory
Old 04-30-2003, 10:43 PM

Default Why I steer people away from Pacific Rim

In Seattle. They kept my car over the weekend as it supposedly was apart waiting for a part.

Even if I didn't log mileage daily for work I would have noticed the 200+ miles they put on it over a weekend of joy riding.

I now make a point of letting any service writer know I check mileage and write it on the service order.

I also found out (several months later) that a used car I purchased from Campbell-Nelson VW had been crashed into a curb AFTER I put a down payment on it and before I could pick it up the next day.

They came up with the "found a problem we need to fix for you" line to hold me off while they replaced the damaged passenger side suspension parts, wheel and tire.

Turned out a salesman had wanted to drive the car but hadn't had a chance. When he found out it had been sold he took it for a quick race, lost control and slid it sideways over a curb.

On a later visit to their shop, one of their mechanics (not knowing I didn't do the damage) was giving me a hard time about learning to drive as I'd now had the car for several months and hadn't hit anything.

Sorry for the thread hijack, but this is probably more common than we think.
Old 05-01-2003, 02:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default those guys suck! and i am glad i never took my allroad back there for any work

when i was there to pick up my allroad there was 1 that had just been unloaded and sitting in the parking lot that was hit by someone driving thru the lot. as for warranty company they are in business to make money and paying you doesn't accomplish that. i would never buy extended warranty, just invested money in tools and learning from others to fix stuff myself. hope everything works out for you
Old 05-01-2003, 03:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Damn. Water under the bridge now, but why did you have this work done at the dealer?

Most aftermarket warranty work can be done by any shop. Wouldn't it have been better to go to a good tuner or independant for such a major repair?

I will never return to my dealer for service now that warranty is over. They just find one way to screw up after another - kinda like your dealer.
Old 05-01-2003, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Hosed. Totally hosed.
Old 05-01-2003, 08:17 AM

Default simply unacceptable, glad things are wortking out now...

still, taking the car home is COMPLETELY unacceptable!
Old 05-01-2003, 02:05 PM

Default Yea, sure is and am much wiser about a number of things.

Tried several "recommended" shops in my area but they were not returning my inquires. For me, that means they did not want my business and I did not want to drag this out. But who would have predicted this. 8^)
Old 05-01-2003, 02:12 PM

Default But you do not have 2 left thumbs....

and even though I can do minor repairs/mods, this one I wouldn't have tackled even with someone highly experienced helping out.

Buy next time, I will make sure to include you in all the fun...8^)
Old 05-01-2003, 02:21 PM

Default Re: So basically someone stole your car.

I really could be a real a-hole about it, but for now, they know I am pissed. And I want to atleast get everything taken care of and my ar back before pursuing any furthur actions.

I took a quick look inside and not many miles added -- ~30 or so. Guess I got off ok there but still think the control arm was damaged either when it was reinstalled or when the mechanic brought it back the next day.

Quick Reply: OK, latest update on my K04 upgrade. It is long and you are not going to believe this.