Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Part Two: first month impressions. After that glowing kiss ass endorsment, would you believe.......

Old 05-01-2003, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Part Two: first month impressions. After that glowing kiss *** endorsment, would you believe.......

That this afternoon I decided to crank up the power wash and give it a spit shine, and once done, I get in to pull it in the garage and its dead, not a light or a bing or a buzz!

Being a rocket scientist (not really, but I stayed at a holiday inn last week) I figured the computer must have gone nuts and shorted. But to humor myself, I figure there has got to be something I can do, after all, I am a Male! and I got to try something before I lower myself to call the service people.
So let me admire the engine bay once more and check the battery terminals just once to make sure they are tight. I mean we all do it fully knowing its never that easy, and dam it hell if it was just in fact the fooking loose negative connection! Piece of cake, just tighten it. Well us rocket scientists also don't have any metric do hickeys, so now I am getting real upset that I can't tighten this thing, then I remember the cool tool case in the back which I have been meaning to check out, and man is it ever the jingle free box that had a little wrench that worked to tighten my battery! and I got to put it all back together and ogle over how cool the tool box snaps back into place. i even made sure the little metric wrench that could, was secure as not to jingle around. then I got to ogle again over the cool locking device on the cover that holds the cool tool case.

Now I have to reset every fooking thing. I got the radio code back in, and set the time and date, but have to redue the garage doors and seats,and the key thing that sets each mirror, hvac, and seat. I also saved audi a service call.

I think to compensate me for my time they should install a phatnoise in the cool area with the cool tool box and the cool silver finish air tank. Ok, I'll take a coffee mug!

A loose battery connection at one thousand, one hundred adn eighty nine point 3 miles? Thats Bull Shoyt!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

hmmm........sounds like you might want to check the lemon law in your area..........
Old 05-01-2003, 09:00 PM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA no smiley but I got it!
Old 05-01-2003, 09:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

;^)
Old 05-02-2003, 06:11 AM
AudiWorld Super User

See staying a the holiday in express dose pay.
Old 05-02-2003, 07:27 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

That's better than a new transmission at 180 miles!
Old 05-02-2003, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 41 Likes on 27 Posts

Great Story!!
Old 05-02-2003, 08:13 AM

Default The car may have been shipped w/o a battery & dealer didn't tighten clamp well...

Or, perhaps the battery was just disconnected during shipment.

Great post, BTW - enjoyed the prose.
Old 05-02-2003, 11:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Maybe you should also re-torque you wheels lugs!!!!

Maybe you should also re-torque you wheel lugs!!!! Who knows what else is loose!
No I am not paranoid! Maybe a bit obsessive compulsive type A!!!
Old 05-02-2003, 12:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Re: Optical purity

I send a message to the dealer and I am hoping that they want to look it over and inject some mobil one at no charge. I really don't like being a dick head with dealers, just reasonable as nobody likes dealing with the dick head customer, and you don't get the best out of people. Mistakes are made and just as ling as its recognized and accounted for properly, I am satisfied. Shoyt happens!

I had the halogens out last nite to work on some things and looking at a bright light at night (sounding dr suess here) you can see all kinds of crap in the paint. Looks mirror finish during the day, but the figure 8 swirl marks from the dealer prep sucks. I will hit it with zaino in a few weeks and that will improve the optical purity of the finish. I realize it won't be perfect forever, and we'll get dinged, but gosh darn I can dream a little!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Part Two: first month impressions. After that glowing kiss ass endorsment, would you believe.......