AudiWorld Forums

AudiWorld Forums (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/)
-   Audi allroad (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/)
-   -   Passenger front Door wont unlock/open (https://www.audiworld.com/forums/audi-allroad-18/passenger-front-door-wont-unlock-open-2793752/)

Trackballcr 11-01-2010 08:10 PM

Passenger front Door wont unlock/open

Hi
I started to have a problem with the passenger front door, few days ago in my 2.7 AR 2002.
All of the sudden one day unlocked the car like always, but the passenger door didn't unlock. Tried to open it from the inside, but didn't have any luck either. The handle pushes up the little knob, but it won't stay up.
Additionally (not sure if related to the same issue), the rear passenger door, won't turn on the lower light, nor indicate that the door is opened in the little dash screen.

Checked with the vag.com, and found this codes:

VCDS-Lite Version: Release 1.0
Thursday, 21 October 2010, 21:02:48:30782
Control Module Part Number: 4B0 962 258 K
Component and/or Version: Zentralverrieg.,DWA D35
Software Coding: 07023
Work Shop Code: WSC 09519
4 Faults Found:
01560 - Passenger Door
59-00 - Can't Unlock
01562 - Right Rear Door
59-10 - Can't Unlock - Intermittent
01560 - Passenger Door
61-00 - Won't De-Safe
01562 - Right Rear Door
61-10 - Won't De-Safe - Intermittent

Based on few postings I've read, it could be related to a physical damage on the actuator or something like that. None of them actually say how they solved the problem. At this point I will like somebody to tell me how to open the door under this situation (nor the remote, inner or outer handle open the door). Any other suggestions on how to fix it is very well welcome. I feel like driving a limousine, driver only in the front! and had to reinstall the third row seat, so I could take my whole family out.

I really appreciate your help.

Mr. Timewise 11-02-2010 08:04 PM

Wish I could help, but I haven't got a clue. Nevertheless, I'll be watching for a response from anyone else.

ricam78 11-04-2010 09:42 AM

01560 - Passenger Door: Won't De-Safe

Possible Causes
Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Passenger Door (F221) faulty
Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Passenger Door (F221) faulty

Possible Solutions
Check Wiring/Connector from/to Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Passenger Door (F221)
Check Central Locking Actuator (Safe): Passenger Door (F221)
See Measuring Blocks OR perform Output Test

Special Notes
Safe states can normally only be checked while the car is being locked with ignition off, however usually the comfort system/central locking allows you to diagnose problems even with ignition off, as long as the diagnostic communication has been initiated before the ignition is being switched off. In detail this means switch on the ignition, connect to the comfort system/central locking and open the desired measuring block. Keep the measuring block running, switch off the ignition and lock the car. Finally when unlocking check if the actuator status changes as expected.

Rear door light and info display not showing the door is open sounds like a bad door latch microswitch which needs to be replaced.

ricam78 11-04-2010 09:55 AM

Also this is for an A4 but deals with the same issue which ends up being CCCM coding was messed up which triggered the USA only safe/no-safe locking option:

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...on-about-locks

Trackballcr 11-04-2010 06:23 PM

Thanks to everyone who had replied. There's plenty to try, so I'll be playing around from here to the weekend (next week will be out of the country).
I'll keep you posted on how this issue evolves.
If anyone has another idea, very well welcome
Thanks again.

Trackballcr 04-17-2011 04:13 PM

Still no luck :o(

Hi everybody, it's been a while going back and forth with the door that won't open.
So far this is what I have tried:
- Recoding the central locks control module: different codes, same result
- Disconnected harness at the A-pillar: sent 12V signal to the lock motor. It did the same as when trying with the buttons or the fob. It attempts twice, but won't unlock. The pin remains recessed.
- Checked connections at the Control module for central locking. Everything looked fine.
- Locating the cables that provide signal from the door to the control module, I was able to fake signals by grounding the sensors for unlocked door, desafe. Monitored them through Vagcom, but still unable to open the door.
I just ran out of ideas. The door simply won't open. The rest worked fine.

The locking mechanism seems to be damages, which I'll need to replace, but to do that I first need to open the door.

Any suggestions anybody? At this point I'm willing to try anything.

ricam78 04-17-2011 04:16 PM

You can probably get it done by removing the door card and manually releasing the latch. I am not 100% sure, but I had to do something similar with my rear hatch when it would not open.

Trackballcr 04-17-2011 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by ricam78 (Post 24132468)
You can probably get it done by removing the door card and manually releasing the latch. I am not 100% sure, but I had to do something similar with my rear hatch when it would not open.

How do you go about doing that? I mean, removing the door card. I even opened a hole in the door trim, but couldn't figure out how to reach the mechanical part.

ricam78 04-17-2011 06:13 PM

Originally Posted by Trackballcr (Post 24132497)
How do you go about doing that? I mean, removing the door card. I even opened a hole in the door trim, but couldn't figure out how to reach the mechanical part.

Hmmm...might be a tough one based on the screw locations:
http://k.min.us/im7kT6.pdf

Ondurass 01-22-2012 02:30 AM

Did you fix it??I know this post is a bit old but I'm

having the same problem with my '01 AR. Opened fine then wouldn't close, got door closed now it wont open from inside or out. Lock works fine though.