Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Picked it up

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2006, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked it up

Finally on friday got a call from Rector telling me that my car is ready for a pick up. Arrived at Rector @5:30pm, Paul explained to me what they have done (cleaning service, rear brakes, headlamp switch, torn cv boot, wiper blades front and rear), they also said that they have road tested it and all I needed was the cleaning service wich i didn't want to pay for. Anyway I drove out of the lot and right before I entered the freeway the horse back riding and the light show started again, i made a u-turn and drove right back in, Paul and Hector were really surprised to see me that soon again (by the way Hector is back at the service desk, he is no loger the cheese). So they they called a foreman who called a tech who diagnosed the car again and told me that three coil packs were missfiring?! So just to be sure and after my promise to come back with a bigger can of vaseline they replaced all the coil packs and "voila" the problem was solved! and it only took them 20 min. to diagnose and replace all packs. I just don't get one thing how could they not know that 3 coil packs were missfiring to begin with? and what kind of an idiot road tested it and told them that all was ok?
Old 01-02-2006, 11:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default The road test was not long enough to generate the code..nothing happened.

They obviosly cleared the codes whe you came in the first time for the cleaning. After all service they checked the car and no NEW Code cam out because the coilpaks are an intermitent problem. If its not happeniong.. there is no code to read. There was a recall for this on the VW side.

Don't you feel better though knowing you didn't pay for the cleaning and that it was not the cause?

No you can insist that this tech be the one to work on your car in the future..untill the warranty is over.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Re: The road test was not long enough to generate the code..nothing happened.

yeah I know, while he was working on my car he told me that the older packs would go out if you drive a lot on high rpm's sometimes they would even break a part.

somehow I knew that carbonization was not the cause. I drive agressive (when wife and kid are not around), downshift vs breaking, basically doing all the recomended by audi techs things to prevent carbonization.
Old 01-02-2006, 06:00 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Hmm, what did I say your problem was? ;-)

<ul><li><a href="https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/137772.phtml">https://forums.audiworld.com/allroad/msgs/137772.phtml</a</li></ul>
Old 01-03-2006, 04:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Default the explanation is simple

all dealerships suck. there are no exceptions.