Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

Q: Will OEM S6 Avant wheels fit on an allroad? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 04:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Q: Will OEM S6 Avant wheels fit on an allroad? Thanks.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default With spacers. S6 wheels are a 45mm offset, and are 8" wide, so...

would likely need at least a 20 or 25mm spacer.
Old 01-13-2006, 09:12 AM

Thanks! Anyone no what size spacer and lugs I need?
Old 01-13-2006, 10:30 AM

Default My experience tells me...

25mm H&R and that will still be a tight fit to the strut. Nice thing about the 25mm is that it's a design that first bolts to the car's hub with subblied special short bolts, and then you bolt your wheel to the spacer into tapped holes with the bolts that come with the wheels.

Why are you doing this? Did you get a nice deal on a set of S6 wheels? I'm concerned that the 45mm offset with the 25mm spacers is still going to be too tight with the strut. I've mounted 35mm offset wheels that have rubbed with 12mm spacers which gives an effective 23mm offset. Your 45 offset with 25 spacers will yield a 20 offset. Not much of a difference.

If you're truly interested in going forward, I think I can borrow an S8 wheel and try to fit it to my car. Should be same specs. Guy's also got an allroad with 18" Ronal wheels and I'll be VAG'ing the 402 for him soon. Let me know.
Old 01-13-2006, 10:43 AM

Default Here's the story.....

The driver for our CEO stops me this morning in the coffee line and says he has a set of 18" wheels for me. I tell him that the ar has an odd offset and that they probably won't work. He says that their off a traded in exec car (S6 Avant) with new Pilot Sports on them and that the CEO wants them out of the garage. I say, let me figure out how to get this to work.... Any assistance/expertise you could give would be greatly appreciated as this appears to be a great deal.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:11 AM

Default Wheels and Razr question....

Not sure I know what you're getting here. The factory S6 Avant wheels were 17x8, not 18" so I'm not sure what wheels the driver might be talking about. But you don't want to miss out on an opportunity like this.
Best to get your hands on one and see what it is. If they're aftermarket off the S6, the offset might be closer to what you need. Worst case scenarion is you get them, sell them in the AW Classifieds to an A6 or S6 owner and use the proceeds to buy what you want. And the S6 tire size is going to be a bit too short for an allroad too.

I see in your sig that you have a Razr and it's bluetoothed into your car. I have a Razr too but have had nothing but problems with it. SIM card burned out a right before Christmas and Cingular tells me that's common on the early Razr phones. So lost most of my phonebook. Now the charger is fried. Getting a replacement phone sent to me but I am beginning to question my phone choice. Previous LG phones have been flawless.
Old 01-13-2006, 01:32 PM

Default Many thanks.....

I'll take your advice and take a look at the wheels myself. I agree with you on the Razr. Looks cools (at night) but other then that its a piece of sh*t. Only got it to test out the camera function in our secure facilities (I work for a defense contractor). I end up using my BlackBerry more and more. Moto's quality control isn't what it used to be now that they sub out all the conponents (i.e., we used to make their chips). Thank again for all the help and I hope you have a good weekend.

Please take a look here on Monday and I'll post my findings.
Old 01-13-2006, 07:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Oem S6 wheels are 17 x 8 et 35
Old 01-14-2006, 07:54 AM

Default You're kidding. But you'd know with a set in your garage. I've always been told et45...

and several searches of the A6 forum showed et45 too.

Then with an ET of 35, those wheels would work just fine with 15-20 mm spacer.

Now I know what wheels I want to get my hands on for my winter wheels next winter. Thanks for setting me straight.
Old 01-14-2006, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

No problem. The B6/7 S4 Avus wheel is et 45, which may be the cause of confusion.

Quick Reply: Q: Will OEM S6 Avant wheels fit on an allroad? Thanks.